We put together some of the most creative and adorable Halloween Rock Painting Ideas for Kids. Paint and get rocks ready for your Halloween My Town Rocks rock hunt!
Halloween Rock Painting Ideas
Rock hunting has become very popular in our area. Many view it as the newest community adventure since Pokemon Go. Search your local town and area for rocks hidden by citizens just like you. Join local community boards to see places where rocks might be hidden and discover areas of your town, you might otherwise not be familiar with. Paint rocks to “hide” around your town and surrounding area to spread joy and brighten people’s day. Come join us! Creativity can be found in all ages and the excitement of a group can encourage everyone to explore the beautiful area you live in. “Rock” your local parks and public areas, and encouraging friends and families to explore!
We came up with some creative painting ideas for rocks for your October season. How cute is this pumpkin and Frankenstein?
Halloween Rock Painting Ideas
- Smooth rocks
- Green, black, orange, white and glow in the dark acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Gorilla glue (if your using googly eyes)
- Krylon Satin Polyurethane Spray Pain (optional)
- Layout a piece of old newspaper before you get started.
- Paint one rock orange and one rock green and let them dry.
- Paint a second coat if needed and let dry.
- Use a small tipped paint brush to paint a jack-o’-lantern Face onto your orange rock using your black paint, then paint a green stem on top.
- Use a small tipped paint brush to paint the air on top of your green Frankenstein rock. Glue the eyes under the hair and then paint on a mouth and eyebrows.
- Let your rocks fully dry, paint a coat of glow-in-the-dark paint onto each rock and let dry overnight.
- Spray with a coat of Krylon satin polyurethane spray paint if your keeping these rocks outdoors.
Rock Painting Ideas for Kids
1.) Heart Painted Rocks | Source Unknown
2.) Lady Bug Painted Rocks | Crafts by Amanda
3.) Strawberry Painted Rocks | Cara Dura Designs
4.) Abstract Painted Rocks | Alisa Burke
5.) Monster Painted Rocks | Source Unknown
6.) Donut Painted Rocks | Source Unknown
7.) Troll Painted Rocks | The Keeper of the Cheerios
8.) Black Fireworks Rocks | Frugal Coupon Living
9.) Inspirational Painted Rocks | Top Craft Ideas
10.) Happy Face Painted Rocks | Creative Spotting
11.) Hedgehog Painted Rocks | Easy Peasy and Fun
Visit these other Pumpkin and Fall Recipes.
Pin and Create these Halloween, Fall and Thanksgiving Craft and Recipes
- Eyeball Halloween Popsicles – Pin to Pinterest
- Halloween Mummy Pizza –Pin to Pinterest
- Halloween Witch Hat Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- Mexican Stuffed Halloween Pumpkin Peppers – Pin to Pinterest
- Halloween Jalapeño Popper Mummies – Pin to Pinterest
- Candy Corn JELL-O – Pin to Pinterest
- Pumpkin Spiced Spider Web Cookie Pizza – Pin to Pinterest
- Ghost Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- OREO Bat Truffles – Pin to Pinterest
- Monster Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- Halloween OREO Spider Cupcakes (with secret OREO inside) – Pin to Pinterest
- Halloween OREO Eyeballs – Pin to Pinterest
- Halloween Frankenstein Twinkies – Pin to Pinterest
- Twinkie Mummies – Pin to Pinterest
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Pin to Pinterest
- Spider Web Pizza – Pin to Pinterest
- Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats – Pin to Pinterest
- Orange Jack-O-Lantern Fruit Cups – Pin to Pinterest
- Green Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treat Monsters – Pin to Pinterest
- Disney Mickey Ears Witch Hats – Pin to Pinterest
- Edible OREO Acorns – Pin to Pinterest
- Turkey Pretzel Rods – Pin to Pinterest
- Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds – Pin to Pinterest
- Turkey Rice Krispie Treats – Pin to Pinterest
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Bites – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on September 16, 2017 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living