We put together some of the most creative and adorable Rock Painting Ideas for Kids. Paint and get rocks ready for your My Town Rocks rock hunt!
My Town Rocks Rock Painting Ideas
Have you heard of My Town Rocks? Are you on any Facebook community pages like “Tallahassee Rocks” or “Arlington & Alexandria Rocks?”… and what is rocking hunting all about anyways?
Rock hunting is the newest community adventure since Pokemon Go. Search your local town and area for rocks hidden by citizens just like you. Join local community boards to see places where rocks might be hidden and discover areas of your town, you might otherwise not be familiar with. Paint rocks to “hide” around your town and surrounding area to spread joy and brighten people’s day. Come join us! Creativity can be found in all ages and the excitement of a group can encourage everyone to explore the beautiful area you live in. “Rock” your local parks and public areas, and encouraging friends and families to explore!
Today we came up with a fun Rock Dot Painting Pattern, but we think this Rock Painting Idea looks a lot like fireworks, don’t you agree!? Below we also shared other Rock Painting Ideas for Kids. Not that this has to be said on this site, but we suggest keeping your artwork G or PG as a lot of children like to participate in rock hunting. Happy creating and hunting!
- Rocks (the size is up to you)
- Clear Krylon Polyurethane spray paint
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Wooden kabob skewers
- Foam paint brush
- Lay scrap newspaper down or paper plates, it makes clean up a lot easier.
- Squirt a small amount of each color paint onto you plate.
- Pant each rock a solid color (black is my favor as a base) and let dry.
- Dip the pointy end of your kabob into your desired paint and carefully dot it onto the rock, the center dot of each flower should be the biggest.
- Wipe the end of the kabob off and switch colors making several small dots in flower and star shapes covering the top of the rock.
- Let your painted rocks dry and then bring them outside and spray a coat of your clear spray paint on them.
- This Krylon polyurethane drys in as little as 15 minutes, but I like to let it sit 30 to be safe.
- Have fun hidding your rock in your local community!
Rock Painting Ideas for Kids
1.) Happy Face Painted Rocks | Creative Spotting
2.) Inspirational Painted Rocks | Top Craft Ideas
3.) Monster Painted Rocks | Source Unknown
4.) Strawberry Painted Rocks | Cara Dura Designs
5.) Donut Painted Rocks | Source Unknown
6.) Hedgehog Painted Rocks | Easy Peasy and Fun
7.) Lady Bug Painted Rocks | Crafts by Amanda
8.) Abstract Painted Rocks | Alisa Burke
9.) Heart Painted Rocks | Source Unknown
10.) Troll Painted Rocks | The Keeper of the Cheerios
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get ready for Teacher Appreciation Week with these ideas and downloads!.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.