We have something very awesome to share with you! Enjoy this fun grocery store scavenger hunt. Your kids will love collecting the ingredients for an easy chocolate chip cookies recipe. After you finish this cute grocery store activity, go home and bake your tasty chocolate chip cookies with this cute recipe infographic!
Do your kids love grocery shopping? I can tell you with grocery store delivery, its a rare occasion with my children make the grocery store run with me. However, when we step foot in the supermarket, their eyes go aglow with displays off all the snacks and candies they want!
What are fun Grocery store activities for kids?
If you have a supermarket sweeps, I mean grocery store run with the kids, put together a few activities that allow them to feel older and involved. It’s possible to make the grocery store fun without you feeling like your are going to pull out your last strand of hair.
These are fun activities for how the kids can get involved in the grocery store shopping…
- Collect the rainbow. Ask them to get one item of each color from the grocery store shelves. This can be done exclusive in the produce department with fruits and vegetables.
- Take a few items off your grocery shopping list and put it on the kids. Find easier items they can easily and quickly locate.
- Learning fun. For a homeschool math lesson, total the prices of a few items. See how the prices change with tax is added.
- Pick out a few packages of pasta and go home and make a pata necklace.
- Access the grocery store sales flier or print off logos and images online of the items you need. Create your own DIY grocery store checklist with these images and glue on a piece of construction paper.
- Work on the alphabet. Use an alphabet scavenger hunt and find one item that starts with each letter of the alphabet A all the way to Z.
- Nutrition research. For middle school and high school students, have them work on a health or nutrition lesson about carbs, calories, fats, etc.
In addition to these cute supermarket activities, we have something very unique. Not only is it fun, it creates a sweet treat! If you have a grocery run with kids, turn it in to a fun supermarket activity with this adorable chocolate chip cookie recipe scavenger hunt. As you pick up a few odds and ends, your child can have fun picking up the simple ingredients for their soft chocolate chip cookies recipes. We’ve put together a fun grocery store activity for preschoolers, young kids, and older kids alike.
You might find it so clever you will make one for your husband on his next “essentials” grocery store run – okay, well maybe not.
On your next trip, take a look at this scavenger hunt for the grocery store. See all that’s included in this fun activity bundle for kids (and husbands – I kid.) Really kids of all ages will enjoy this grocery store hunt.
Just warn them not to explode from the fun game and run the aisle like they are on supermarket sweeps!
What’s is included in the Grocery Store Recipe Scavenger Hunt?
In this fun grocery store scavenger hunt, is not your standard grocery checklist worksheet. This is something more. Emphasis on more. This fun activity comes with thirteen rhyming riddles for kids. Your children will solve these easy grocery store treasure hunt clues and gather ingredients for their recipe. After the grocery store fun, go home and put together an easy chocolate chip cookie recipe. The adorable chocolate chip cookie recipe poster will guide them through the steps to become a top-notch baker and kitchen helper.
Included in this cute recipe treasure hunt are…
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Poster (with ingredients and instructions)
- Simple Chocolate chip Cookie recipe printable (for those who do not want an infographic)
- Thirteen fun Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Blank Scavenger Hunt Clue Cards
- “Do not touch this clue card” notes for public grocery stores
Who is this supermarket scavenger hunt for?
Individuals of all ages will have fun doing this supermarket scavenger hunt. This is an easy scavenger hunt. It is best for young kids. Even preschoolers can do this fun activity. Pair younger kids with the guidance of an adult or older sibling.
What do you need for a scavenger hunt?
Your two most important resources will be access to a printer and printer paper. I personally love printing on white cardstock (this is my favorite cardstock brand.) I also like to laminate my products, like the chocolate chip cookie recipe will hold for a long time if you have a nicely laminated surface. If you do not have access to a printer, simply sent the project over to your local copy center or Staples printing services.
I an addition to paper and a printer, you will need scissors or a paper cutter to cut out the clues. Lastly, you will purchase cookie ingredients and baking supplies unless you already have them on hand. See the bottom of the post for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe and baking ingredients and supplies.
Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt Printable
Instead of the boring baking chocolate chip cookies with kids, have an ingredients scavenger hunt. This recipe scavenger hunt takes kids on a treasure hunt in the grocery store.
The grocery store scavenger hunt PDF includes 13 rhyming riddles clue cards for kids. The kids will browse the aisles and pick up their cookie ingredients for the easy chocolate chip cookies recipe. The recipe infographic includes a cute chocolate chip cookie printable graphic.
Buy this recipe + grocery store printable set on…
Kids will have a blast with this fun grocery store activity and adventure.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies for Kids
Now that we have the treasure hunt, let’s talk more about the kid-friendly chocolate chip cookies recipe.
The goal of this recipe was to make it simple and easy. We included a few easy steps to baking chocolate chip cookies. This helpful recipe infographic has arrows to show you all the chocolate chip cookie directions before tossing it in the oven to bake.
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (chocolate chunks will work too)
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Mixer or spoon
- Baking sheet(s)
- Parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Sift together 2 3/4 cups flour, a tsp baking soda powder, & 1 tsp sodium salt into a mixing bowl.
- Cream butter with 2 large eggs, packed brown sugar, white sugar and 2 tsps vanilla extract until fluffy.
- In a large bowl, slowly add flour to butter mixture & gently fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons cookie dough balls on parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for a crispy edge and perfect center.
- Wait 2-3 minutes and move to a wire rack for cooling.
This delicious recipe batch yields about 30 of the best chocolate chip cookies. Store inside an airtight container to keep fresh and hold a yummy taste.
Can I make these chocolate chip cookies ahead?
Yes, this chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe is actually best if made ahead. That doesn’t mean you can’t whip up the recipe and immediately put the mixture in the oven. However, if you can let your mixed cookie dough chill for up to two hours before baking, your cookies will come out nice and fluffy texture. Chilling chocolate chip cookie dough solidifies the fat in the cookies. When baked, it actually prevents spread on a baking pan as the fat in chilled cookie dough takes longer to melt than room temperature fat.
How can I do with these chocolate chip cookies?
Are you afraid these cookies will go to waste? I mean, in our home, there is no such thing as wasted baked desserts. However, if this is not something your family would enjoy more than one bite, take a look at these ideas for your non-necessary cookies.
- Thankful Thursday for Teachers
- Cookies for Santa
- Christmas Cookie Exchange
- Gift for Neighbor
- Family Baking Day
- Family Bucket List Item
You can even gift your cookies with this adorable printable guide. It’s too cute of a poster not to gift with the baked cookies.
More Pretend Play Ideas
In addition to these grocery store printables, we have plenty of fun play activities for toddlers, young children, and older kids.
Let’s take a look at these adorable Lemonade Stand printables. They were quite popular over summer. All you need for your young entrepreneurship is included in these cute lemonade printables set. Pin to Pinterest.
Are you hosting a backyard movie night? How about a family movie night? Whatever the occasion, make your own movie theater with these adorable movie printables. Pin to Pinterest.
Do your kids love a good treasure hunt? If you are looking for more unique Scavenger Hunt Ideas, take a look at our year-round printable scavenger hunts bundle. This set includes all the holiday scavenger hunts. Want something as unique as this simple grocery store scavenger hunt? Take a look at our team scavenger hunt. Perfect for teens, go to a public location and find a bunch of funny things.
More Scavenger Hunts
Take a look at all these fun scavenger hunt ideas including at home hunts, holiday indoor scavenger hunts, outdoor treasure hunts and more. There are some unique scavenger hunts for special occasions and doing something out of the box.
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- New Year’s Eve Scavenger Hunt
- Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Scavenger Hunt
- Easter Scavenger Hunt
- July 4th Scavenger Hunt
- Back to School Scavenger Hunt
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt
- Baby Shower Scavenger Hunt
- Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt
- Photo Scavenger Hunt
- Disney Scavenger Hunt
Our Pinterest community and I would love to see how this worked out for you. Share your chocolate chip cookies baking experience. Did the kids love the scavenger hunt for grocery shopping? Leave a comment here or on Pinterest!
Not ready to purchase? Take a look at our free resource library. This comes with free printable recipes. Subscribe and look for a link and password in your inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal use, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share freebies. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s).Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print at Staples
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a fun holiday activity? Grab the Popular Holiday Game Set – Minute to Win It, Charades, themed party games & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next Christmas party.