Have a TEA-rrific mom? This Beau-TEA-ful handmade Tea Cup Mothers Day Card Craft is a precious activity for the kids or makes an adorable invitation to a tea party! Mom will love this Mother’s Day Craft for Kids!
Teacup Mother’s Day Card Craft
Who doesn’t love the chance to celebrate Mom? (And as a mom myself, of course I’m totally unbiased!) Regardless of how much I love having a special day dedicated to moms everywhere, kids get so excited to express their appreciation and love for their moms, too. If your house’s day-to-day activities get as hectic as mine do, you’ll know there’s just not much time typically to stop and say how much we appreciate each other.
I know you all love our Mother’s Day resources as much as I love the holiday — one of our more popular posts is our Mother’s Day Preschool Crafts. Since you all loved those curated Mother’s Day craft ideas, we wanted to come up with something creative and craft our own Mother’s Day Card Craft! This Teacup Mother’s Day Card Craft is for a tea-rrific mom! I mean, whose mom doesn’t love relaxing with a hot cup of tea? Best of all, it’s simple and easy for the kids to create on their own or with Dad’s supervision. This Mother’s Day Card Craft uses upcycled egg cartons, scrapbook paper, and pipe cleaners. Even with it’s humble supplies, this Mother’s Day card for kids looks so impressive. Mom is sure to appreciate all the crafting work that goes into this special Mother’s Day craft!
Be sure to pick up our favorite tea bags! We think your mom will love them too – they make an amazing gift and perfect accompaniment to this Mother’s Day card craft!
Want to really take the tea theme to the next level on Mother’s Day? Have a Beau-TEA-ful Mother’s Day incorporating some of these Tea Party Ideas! Throw Mom a tea party with beautiful decorations, table settings, and tasty treats to make her day truly special.
- 1 Cardboard Egg Carton
- Watercolor Paints
- 1 Sheet White Cardstock Paper
- 2 Sheets Patterned or Colored Paper (scrapbook paper)
- 1 White Pipe Cleaner
- 2 Pipe Cleaners, any color
- Hot Glue Gun
- 2 Tea Bags
1. First, cut 2 pieces of cardstock about 4”x 6” in size and cut 2 pieces of patterned/colored paper about 3”x 5” in size. We used white card stock and colored scrapbook paper.
2. When you have your paper cut, center each piece of patterned paper on top of each white piece, and glue down on them. These are your two cards.
3. Grab your egg carton. Use the bottom part of the egg carton and cut 2 of the egg holders from the end of the egg carton. Cut off one side of each egg holder, making sure to leave the other 3 sides intact. When you lay it down on the flat cut off side, it will look like a little round cup.
4. Once your teacups are cut, use the watercolors to paint each little egg holder cup any color you choose, we used blue and purple. Let these dry for a few minutes.
5. While your tea cups are drying, cut 2 pieces of the white pipe cleaners each about 3” long. Cut 1 piece each of the colored pipe cleaners about 3” long. Twist a white piece with each colored piece so you now have 2 pieces that looked striped.
6. Make each one into a small handle shape and glue each one to the egg holder cups. I glued one end on the inside top, and the other end to the outside so they look like cup handles.
7. Glue each teacup with the flat cutout side down onto the cards. Put one of the tea bags into each little cup and let the string dangle over it.
These make cute cards for Mother’s Day or anytime! They would be SO fun for a tea party, too!Have a TEA-rrifc mom? These Beau-TEA-ful handmade Tea Cup Mothers Day Card Craft is precious activity for the kids or makes a sweet invitation to a tea party! #MothersDay #FrugalCouponLiving
WHAT’S TRENDING? Enjoy these NO BUMMER SUMMER BOREDOM BUSTERS FOR KIDS.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.