Although this post is sponsored by Welch’s® Frozen Fruits, all opinions are my own.
Welch’s Blueberry Fusion Muffins
Just the other day I bought blueberries on sale for buy one, get one. When I came home from the store and placed them in the refrigerator, I remember I told my husband that “I should wash and freeze these” but the time just wasn’t there and the thought never crossed my mind again. A week later, I was tossing both containers in the garbage because they had gone bad that quickly! We never got to the muffin recipe I had intended to make for the kids. It felt like such a waste and I was upset with myself or not taking the time to freeze them. What was the point of the sale and purchase if I was just going to end up tossing out the fruit?
This example of waste is one reason I love frozen fruit. Frozen fruit is perfect for baking treats, creating healthy smoothies, many breakfast foods and more! The fruit is also frozen at its freshest point giving you that high quality, perfect taste straight from the bag. I also can use the fruit at the time I choose instead of having to monitor it for refrigerator life and rush to a recipe I am not ready to make.
This past week I gave Welch’s Frozen Fruits a try. My family loves muffins, one of our favorite muffin recipes is a blueberry muffin one that was passed down from my grandmother to my mother and now me. My children love muffins for breakfast, snacks, desserts and in their lunch box. I love that Welch’s Blueberry Fusion flavor is available at any time at my local Mejier store – this means I can make my recipe with the convenience of ingredients in my pantry and berries in my freezer. It upped our family recipe by adding with the blueberries a touch of cherries and mango (from the Welch’s Blueberry Fusion bag) and it came out delicious – simply pure joy in every bite!
I shopped at my local Meijer. You can see the Welch’s Frozen Fruit 48 oz Blueberry Fusion in the frozen aisle. I found it near the frozen desserts and breakfast items. Right now if you shop at Meijer, Shaw’s, Shoprite, Big Y, Jewel, or Hannaford’s, be sure to take this $1.00 off on Welch’s Frozen Fruit coupon. This coupon is good from October 1st, 2016 to November 30th, 2016. I bet these would be good for some holiday recipes. When shopping, consider these other flavors – Welch’s 48 oz Tropical Blend and Welch’s 48 oz Antioxidant Blend.
Welch’s Blueberry Fusion Muffins Recipe
Makes 8 Large Muffins
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Welch’s Frozen Fruit in Blueberry Fusion
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and spray a jumbo muffin pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk your eggs and sugars together.
- Then mix in your milk, oil, and vanilla.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together your flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour your dry ingredients into your egg mixture and mix well.
- Now fold in your frozen Welch’s Blueberry Fusion fruit.
- Fill your jumbo muffin tins up to the top with your batter.
- Lightly press a few extra berries on top of your muffins.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then turn the temperature down to 375 degrees and finishing baking for an additional 25 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy with a touch of butter (so good when served over a warm muffin!)
What’s your favorite way to have Welch’s Frozen Fruits?
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get ready for Teacher Appreciation Week with these ideas and downloads!.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.