Over the last few years, we’ve made a lot of changes to make our home greener. We’ve swapped plastic water bottles for refillable ones, started buying locally grown foods, and switched to natural cleaning products.
But the one area where we haven’t gone 100% green is laundry — until now.
Of course, the easiest way to reduce our environmental impact would be do less laundry. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a way to do that yet (if I do, you’ll be the first to know!).
Until that happens, one easy way to green up your laundry is with this FREE Laundry Kit of Seventh Generation Free & Clear laundry detergent + stain remover + fabric softener from Grove Collaborative.
Grab your kit and then come back here for more green laundry tips:
- Switch to natural detergent: One of the reasons I held out on making the switch is that I struggled to find a natural detergent that I loved and that actually worked. I tried homemade detergent, but it just didn’t work for me. Now I’ve finally found a natural detergent that I love: Seventh Generation Free & Clear is free from fragrances, dyes, and optical brighteners. Plus, it really gets our clothes clean.
- Wash in cold water: Switching to cold water saves energy (and money!). If you’re worried that your clothes won’t get as clean in cold water, don’t be: Seventh Generation laundry detergent is made to be used in cold water.
- Wash a full load: This isn’t usually a problem in our house, since our laundry baskets are perpetually overflowing (yours too?). But if my favorite blouse is dirty and don’t have time for a full load of laundry, I’ll hand wash it in the bathroom sink with a few drops of detergent. When it’s done, I hang it over the towel bar to dry.
- Use less detergent: You know how you’re always telling your kids, “A little dab of glue will do?” Well, the same is true of laundry detergent. Using too much detergent can gum up your machine and leave your clothes dingy. Seventh Generation’s detergent has a convenient measuring cap so you don’t overdo it.
- Recycle packaging: Laundry detergent bottles are some of the least recycled containers — probably because getting that goo off the insides is a pain. When I get down to those last few drops, I fill the bottle with water and shake it up. As a bonus, that actually creates enough suds for more load of laundry!
- Pre-treat stains: Spilling coffee on myself is inevitable. When that happens, I hit the stain right away with Seventh Generation stain remover. That keeps the stain from setting so I don’t end up having to wash it twice.
- Skip the fabric softener sheets: After years of using fabric softener sheets, I finally decided to try something that creates less waste. Seventh Generation’s liquid fabric softener leaves clothes soft and static-free.
- Air dry: Another reason I love liquid fabric softener is because we air dry many of our clothes, and no one likes stiff jeans! We have limited outdoor space and I’m not a fan of hanging my laundry on our balcony for the world to see, so I hang everything in the bathroom to drip-dry.
- Make your laundry room lovely: OK, so this doesn’t have much to do with going green. But I find that laundry is so much more enjoyable when it looks beautiful! I corralled all our laundry products in a basket to keep things tidy. It doesn’t hurt that this Seventh Generation Laundry Kit all matches and comes in pretty white containers (so much nicer than those loud orange bottles!).
Bonus tip: If you’ve been wanting to green up your laundry, grab this free Laundry Kit from Grove Collaborative HERE. You’ll also get a free 60 day VIP trial, which means free shipping, free gifts, price-matching, and exclusive service.
Grab your Laundry Kit and free VIP trial now — this offer ends June 11, and supplies are limited.
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative HERE. You will receive the Laundry Kit for free when you sign up!
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love and receive your first box within a few days.
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
If you have future purchases or want to add something to your cart, I am a REALLY big fan of their kitchen towels. Search Grove Collaborative Kitchen Towel. These hand towels are the best I have seen. They are thick and absorbent and durable – I struggle to find a good hand towel I can claim to love.
Existing customers: simply click here to receive your free Grove Walnut Scrubber Sponges. — don’t worry, you weren’t forgotten!
HOT DEALS: Looking for what’s trending? Check out our Fashion Deals and Online Shopping Deals on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other Daily Deals for FREE in your inbox.