It’s a catastrophe! In the case of emergency, use this Elf emergency guide for multiple ideas and solutions for what to do if Elf on the Shelf is touched by a child, pet or adult! Fun antics and easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas daily.
Want new Elf on the Shelf Ideas in your inbox daily in the month of November & December? Sign up here!
Have questions about if and when you can touch the Elf on the Shelf? We have your answers.
The Elf on the Shelf cliff notes include…
- No. You can not touch the Elf on the Shelf.
- Parents, you can not touch the Elf either.
- When touched, Elf looses magic.
- You can touch the Elf on Christmas Eve.
- There are plenty of ideas for a touched Elf on the Shelf.
Read on for all of your questions thoroughly answered.
Can you touch Elf on the Shelf?
No. The answer is no. No you cannot touch the Elf on the Shelf. No.
The Elf on the Shelf requires magic to return home to the North Pole each evening. Because human touch causes magic lost, you cannot touch the Elf on the Shelf. It is important to share this Elf Rule with your child immediately upon Elf adoption. If it is Christmas Eve, you can touch the Elf on the Shelf on the last night. Because Santa brings Elf on the Shelf home on Christmas Eve, Elf does not need magic this evening to return to the North Pole. He/She will get a ride on Santa’s sleigh.
Can parents touch the Elf on the Shelf?
Let’s get this straight. Parents, you may not touch the Elf on the Shelf. Got that? The same important rule applies to you. In the event of an emergency, Elf can be touched with Magic Grippers. You can find these in your home (or something similar.) Just tie the magic gripper tag printable to your kitchen tongs aka Magic Grippers and you are all set for emergency situations.
What to do if your Elf on the Shelf is Touched
First, take a deep breath. Don’t worry. It’s good you are here.
What happens if you touch an Elf on the Shelf?
If you touch an Elf on the Shelf, the magic is lost. Elf cannot return to the North Pole in the evenings without magic. This keeps Elf from reporting to Santa if you have been naughty or nice. If you have bene naughty, touching Elf doesn’t keep Santa from finding out. Santa knows that evening that your family elf did not return to the North Pole and sends Elf help. This can be an Elf doctor, a special Elf friend, or a magical signal sent to your Elf.
Take a look at these solutions for when Elf on the Shelf is touched. Make some assessments before solution is determined for your Scout Elf doll.
- Was Elf touched by accident?
- Was Elf touched on purpose?
If Elf on the Shelf was touched by accident, quickly grab the Elf grippers and save Elf from being in an uncomfortable or harmful situation.
If Elf was touched on purpose, there are solutions for Elf being touched. Elf can sit for an extra day, Elf can return to your home sick, Elf can get magic back with a sprinkle of pixie dust.
Take a look at these Elf on the Shelf ideas for being touched.
Elf on the Shelf Ideas After Being Touched
These are some quick easy and practical ideas for when Elf on the Shelf is touched.
Write Elf an Apology Note
Writing Elf or Santa an apology note express you are sorry and you have learned your lesson. You can use one of these Elf on the Shelf letter templates.
Offer Elf some pixie dust. Use a little cinnamon or colored glitter to quickly bring magic back to your Elf. This magic elf dust will get Elf back to the North Pole for the night so Santa and the Elf doctors can assess their needs with a quick check-up.
Sing Loud for All to Hear
The best way to spread Christmas cheer is to sing loud fo rall to hear. Sing a Christmas Carol or too give bring Christmas cheer back to your Elf.
Need an Elf emergency guide? Read children’s book, In Case of Elftastrophe book. It’s full of your answers for touching the official Elf and North Pole solutions.
Perform an Act of Kindness
Kindness can be the most effective way to bring elf’s magic back. Perform a good deed with a RAK. You can use these Kindness Elves ideas. Doing good for others is sure to keep you off the naughty list.
Put Elf on the Christmas Tree
Did you know the Christmas tree has amazing unseen magic? Use your Elf movers and move Elf to the Christmas tree for a magical repair. He will be like new the next morning.
Printable Elf on the Shelf Ideas after being touched
Want printable resources? These are helpful Elf on the Shelf printables for when Elf is touched.
These free printable magic grippers help you move Elf after fall or touch. Grippers can be used to move the Elf off the ground, to the Christmas tree, or to a safe location.
Elf on Strike
Sometimes when Elf is touched, Elf on the Shelf goes on strike. This sign reads “On strike!” and can be used after Elf is touched. In this case, Elf would sit in one spot for a day or two. This is enough time for Elf’s magic to return.
Elf Prescription Note
Sometimes Elf is sick. This can especially be true when magic is lost. This Elf prescription note sits Elf out for a day day for being touched. After a quick check-up by the Elf doctors, Elf returns the next morning with a doctor’s note that reads “Magic Lost: No moving for one day. Don’t touch elf!”
Helpful Elf on the Shelf Resources
Take a look at these helpful resources for Elf on the Shelf.
- What to do if the Dog Eats Elf on the Shelf – Sometimes the Elf is touched by something other than human children… I am looking at you four legged furry creature. If the dog or cat has gotten the Elf on the Shelf, take a look at these Elf pet ideas for solutions for rambunctious pets.
- Elf on the Shelf Questions and Answers – Are you just beginning with an Elf? Could you use a refresher of all the Elf rules. Take a look at frequently asked elf on the shelf questions to get started. You will immediately be an Elf expert.
- Elf on the Shelf Meaning Explained – Why this red elf? Take a look at reasons for Elf on the Shelf as well as a description of what an Elf on the Shelf is.
- Elf on the Shelf Rules – Print these free printable Elf on the Shelf rules including “do not touch the elf!”
- Reasons Why the Elf Didn’t Move – Don’t let your forgetful head cause a lot of drama in the morning. Forgetful parents can tuck a few of these reasons the Elf on the Shelf didn’t move in your backpocket.
More Elf Printables
Our most popular Elf on the Shelf printables can be found in our Elf Store. Shop Elf costumes, our Elf Twister board, Jokes for Kids, our Magic Shrinking Machine and so much more!
Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
We also love sharing Elf on the Shelf free printables! Get all of our free Elf on the Shelf printables by entering your email address below. Look for an email to confirm you signed up. Once you confirm, look for a second email in your inbox with a link and password!
Free Printables Step by Step Directions
1.) Enter your email address here.
2.) Look for a confirmation email in your inbox and confirm you requested a sign up.
3.) We will send you a Free Printables Welcome Email with link and passcode to all of our free printables.
4.) Enter your passcode at the top of the page here and click “Access Printables”
5. Enjoy your Elf Printables.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions. If you don’t have a printer, use Staples Online printing.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
At Frugal Coupon Living, our goal, to create an easy Elf on the Shelf season for you. This is not our first year of having an Elf in the home. With over eight years of Elf ideas, we have created a rather large Elf on the Shelf fan club full of new Elf on the Shelf ideas. These Elf on the Shelf resources are all you need to create the best Elf ideas.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas Tradition. The tradition has a book and a elf doll. The book is poetic and in rhyme sharing the purpose of the Elf’s visits. The Elf visits each Thanksgiving. He/She goes and returns from the North Pole each evening. Every morning he can be found in a new location in the house. The Elf has been found in the refrigerator, fishing in the toilet, writing messages on the mirror or hanging from the lights. It is VERY IMPORTANT, the Elf is not touch each evening or his Christmas magic will be lost! Each family is able to name their special elf. The elves return to their home (Santa’s North Pole Work shop) every Christmas Eve. An Elf’s Story can also be found on DVD.
More Helpful Elf on the Shelf Links
Some call Frugal Coupon Living the biggest resource for all things Elf on the Shelf. While we don’t want to brag, we will. We have move our red little North Pole friend for year after year. We have created plenty of free printables, must have resources, inspirational Elf links and more. Use us at a platform to keep your sanity through the entire Christmas season.
Use the helpful Elf on the Shelf links to come up with create ideas, grab free printables, and answer Elf on the Shelf Questions.
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas – a Starter guide to all things elf including some of our top post ideas and Elf on the Shelf digital downloads.
- Largest List of Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Now over 600 Elf on the Shelf ideas. New ideas added daily during November and December.
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables – Sign up for our emails and grab these free Elf digital downloads to help you during the Elf season. Includes an Elf calendar, notes, Elf coloring pages, encouraging ideas and more.
- DIY Bendable Elf on the Shelf – Want your Elf to do all sorts of positions. This is an easy no-sew bendable Elf on the Shelf tutorial.
- Elf Shop with Digital Downloads – This is one of the best Elf shops full of printable resources to perfect the holiday season.
- Elf on the Shelf Emails with New Ideas Daily – Each day we will write you with a new Elf on the Shelf idea as well as links to Elf on the shelf resources and sometimes hidden coupon codes and freebies!
Follow on social media! Take a look at our Elf on the Shelf Facebook Group (turn on notifications) and Elf on the Shelf Pinterest Board. Tell us what you are doing with your Elf on the Shelf this season. Is there an Elf idea we haven’t tried? Do you have any Elf on the Shelf questions. Leave a comment here or on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on October 17, 2022 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
Leave a Reply