When it comes to creative and fun for kids, this adorable Alphabet Handprint Craft is the best. This printable alphabet activity is great for early learners as well as preschool-aged children who love messy play! Have fun learning all the letters A to Z with these adorable Alphabet Handprint Crafts for Toddlers.
When the kids are little, it’s fun to find creative activities and crafts to do with them. And let’s be honest, the kids will be super pumped to dip their little hands in paint and be a part of creating the alphabet sitting right next to you.
The really fun part about this handprint activity is that every page focuses on a letter of the alphabet. (and has a super cute and fun saying to go along with it!)
How do you keep the paint from staining kids hands?
Some paint will stain hands and sometimes, there isn’t anything that you can do about it. Instead of acrylic paint, the BEST way to keep the paint from staining their hands is to use a washable paint (like this low-cost set.)
You can also add a tad bit of lotion on their hands and have them rub it in before dipping their hands in the paint. This is a great way to add an extra barrier to their skin and can help avoid having stained hands for weeks!
Why are handprint crafts important?
Since each printable letter of the alphabet has a space for the kids to dip their hands in paint and be a part of the process, this will also keep them engaged during the entire alphabet activity. That is HUGE for little kids!
Super Adorable Alphabet Handprint Craft
Are you ready and excited to print out this activity and get started? Keep in mind that the kids can go at their own pace and don’t have to complete the entire alphabet in one sitting! But if they want to keep going – let them!
Many of these supplies are ones that you’ll probably already have at home. If you’re like me, you may have a special craft section in your house that you keep stocked with options at all times!
- Paint (of various colors)
- Crayons/markers/colored pencils
- Printer paper
A to Z Alphabet Handprint Crafts
This printable alphabet handprint activity includes the following:
- printable worksheets for every letter of the alphabet
- space for handprints on every page to create a fun picture
- fun sayings and “puns” on each page to work on reading skills
- the alphabet letter to color in with colors/markers/colored pencils
Letters of the Alphabet Crafts
- Apple Letter A Handprint Craft
- Bee Letter B Handprint Craft
- Crab Letter C Handprint Craft
- Dinosaur Letter D Handprint Craft
- Elephant Letter E Handprint Craft
- Fish Letter F Handprint Craft
- Goose Letter G Handprint Craft
- Heart Letter H Handprint Craft
- Ice Cream Letter I Handprint Craft
- Jellyfish Letter J Handprint Craft
- Kite Letter K Handprint Craft
- Lion Letter L Handprint Craft
- Monkey Letter M Handprint Craft
- Nest Letter N Handprint Craft
- Octopus Letter O Handprint Craft
- Peacock Letter P Handprint Craft
- Queen Letter Q Handprint Craft
- Rabbit Letter R Handprint Craft
- Sun Letter S Handprint Craft
- Tree Letter T Handprint Craft
- Umbrella Letter U Handprint Craft
- Volcano Letter V Handprint Craft
- Wings Letter W Handprint Craft
- X-ray Letter X Handprint Craft
- Yacht Letter Y Handprint Craft
- Zebra Letter Z Handprint Craft
The really fun part about this alphabet printable is that once the kids are done, and all the pages are dried completely, you can then create an alphabet book for them to showcase and save!
What tare the benefits of Alphabet Art Activities?
By incorporating artwork into alphabet letters you are promoting early literacy bringing auditory learning to kinetic learning. The child had heard the letter, visualized the letter and how they are working with their hands to further imprint (pun intended) the letter into their memory bank.
These handprint artwork activities promote…
- aids in early reading
- develops vocabulary
- helps with letter recognition
- connects how printed text is associated with the spoken language
- promotes sound recognition (when verbal instruction is incorporated)
- supports the development of cognitive, social-emotional and multisensory skills
All you have to do is print to get started!
Get the Alphabet Art Printable Set (below.)
Download to your computer.
Open the printable alphabet pages in your PDF viewer.
Place card stock in your printer.
Gather up the rest of your supplies and colored paint and rock and roll capturing our child’s handprint in time!
There’s nothing quite like showing off your very own published handprint alphabet book when you are done. Or hang on your child’s room wall for some cute little art gallery wall.
Plus these pages include adorable little sayings or jokes bringing a little fun to your handprint artwork.
Alphabet Handprint Art Printable PDF
Ready to have these alphabet art printables in your hands (pun intended.) Instantly download this printable art set for your preschool classroom, for your family and friends. If you are a teacher, this printable alphabet handprint craft set is the best because you can use it year after year, season after season, especially as you introduce a new letter of the alphabet. Use in a preschool, pre-k or kindergarten classroom.
Get your printable worksheets today and get ready to have fun with your messy little artist!
Not ready to buy? Give our free printable a try! Visit the free printable library for all of Frugal Coupon Living’s free printables. Enter your name and email address and we will send you a link and password for access to your free downloads.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s).Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print at Staples
More Arts & Crafts
Love to capture tiny handprints in time? Enjoy these fun child’s handcraft crafts ideas for kids including Mother’s Day Handprint Art and Father’s Day Handprint Art (both with footprint art ideas too.) They are adorable ways to gift a treasured keepsake handprint art for mom or dad!
Working on the alphabet? Try this fun Alphabet Scavenger Hunt! Enjoy this fun letter treasure hunt. Preschoolers & young readers race through the home/classroom as they discover objects that start with each letter of the alphabet in this cute alphabet scavenger hunt printable. Pin to Pinterest.
You messy little monster might also enjoy these. Enjoy these easy Paper Plate Preschool Crafts are a great way to make even more fun crafts using supplies that you probably already have sitting around the house!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get ready for summer with low-cost activities and games for the kids! GET YOUR SUMMER BOREDOM BUSTER BUNDLE.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.