Y’know the neon green stuff that sometimes adorns a bad elf’s nose? Enjoy this fun Christmas activity. DIY Elf Snot Slime with directions and a cute Elf printable label. New creative, funny, and original Elf on the Shelf Ideas daily.
Want new Elf on the Shelf Ideas in your inbox daily in the month of November & December? Sign up here!
Awe man, this is absolutely gross… but a must for your Christmas Bucket List. Instead of taking yourself out of a sticky situation, hop on in one. Easily make Elf snot with this fun recipe and tutorial. This is an adorable Christmas activity for kids or you can whip up this easy slime recipe and make a fun gift card holder, stage a gross Elf on the Shelf scene, or create homemade prank gift for a DIY White Elephant Christmas Gift Exchange.
What are some Gross Elf on the Shelf Ideas?
I mean, some kids just like like it silly. If you child loves for their elf to do outrageous antics, we have some fun ideas for you. If you have a child that would crack up at any gross Elf idea, take a look at some of these crazy and absurd and officially gross Elf on the Shelf ideas. From peppermint poop to toothpaste Oreos to Elf snot, your gonna love how crazy Elf can get during the holiday season.
Naughty and Gross Elf Ideas
- Elf eat pet food
- Elf pees himself (using peas)
- Elf poops a peppermint in the toilet
- Elf poops a Hershey Kiss on peanut butter cookies
- Elf hides in the broccoli with a “gross” sign
- Elf shreds a snowman into marshmallows
- Elf pees lemonade
- Elf cleans Elf pet poop (tiny chocolate morsels)
- Elf fills Oreos with toothpaste
- Elf is sick with green snot.
See these ideas and a Huge List of Elf on the Shelf Ideas.
In addition to this silliness, have a fun (yet incredibly gross) Christmas activity for the kids – Elf Snot Slime. Follow the directions below for and incredibly outrageous, yet fun holiday activity with your Elf on the Shelf.
How do you make snot slime for Elf?
A few supplies are needed for this fun Elf Snot Slime tutorial. In this snot recipe, we use neon green food coloring. if you are not making snot and making another fun slime recipe, you can use another color. Having clear school glue, contract solution and baking soda are easy ingredients to make the best slime recipe time and time again.
Note: This is not a slime recipe with Borax.
- Cylinder Jar (we used this one from Hobby Lobby)
- (2) 5 oz bottles of clear Elmer’s school glue
- Neon Green Gel Food Coloring
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 tablespoons contact solution with Boric Acid
- Sticker Paper* or White Cardstock
- Elf Snot Sticker Sheets (see below)
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Optional: Ribbon or string
- Optional: The Elf on the Shelf Doll
The easy slime recipe & tutorial are pretty simple. It takes about 5 minutes (if not less) to perfect. You can use it immediately.
First, put your clear school glue into a bowl.
Add some neon green food coloring and mix together. Ad as much coloring as you need until you get the bright green color your prefer.
Next, sprinkle the baking soda over the top, and mix well with a fork until there are no lumps in your slime.
Add in the contact solution and mix with the fork.
Finally, after you’ve mixed with the fork for a while, mix with your hands until it’s nice and stretchy. Your slime is done.
To store, add the Christmas slime snot to your jar or container.
Print the Elf snot labels to cardstock or sticker paper (Avery Sticker template 22807 set of 16 at 2 inches or Avery Sticker template 94514 set of 4 at 3.5 inches)
Put the Elf Snot sticker onto the jar or tie the cardstock gift tag with a ribbon or string.
- Any contact solution or eye drops with boric acid will work.
- If the gel-like slime is still sticky add a few more drops of contact solution.
- Batch can be directly cut in half if you only need one jar. A full batch will make 3 jars
- I used a 2.7 ounce jar from Hobby Lobby (here) which works perfect for the small elf snot printable circles/stickers.
How to use Elf Snot Slime
There are many ways to use this fun Christmas craft. Make it with your child as a Christmas activity or a DIY Christmas Gag Gift. You can also make it alone to stage an Elf scene.
If you are looking for ideas for your Elf slime snot, take a look at these uses.
- This is a funny gag gift for a DIY White Elephant Christmas Party.
- Find a sealed container or wide-mouth jar and make this a unique gift card holder for a prank gift. (Do you dare take off the lid for a fun prize?)
- Pair with an Elf Prescription as for sick Elf on the Shelf idea.
- Make this a funny Elf on the Shelf idea for your family elf or elf pets.
Elf Snot Printable Label
Our most popular Elf on the Shelf printables can be found in our Elf Store. This includes our Elf Snot Label Printable.
Included in this Elf Snot Set are two sized labels. This includes 3.5 inches (for larger jars) and 2 inches (for smaller containers.) You can print this on card stock, printer paper or Avery Sticker Paper (templates 22807 or 94514 .
Simply purchase the Elf Snot labels. Download your PDF file. Print on your printer or send it to your local copy center. You can’t tell from our photos, but ours was printed on Cardstock (cheaper option) and then we used hot clue to glue the label to the slime snot jar. My point is, either the sticker paper or card stock will appear amazing on your snot jar.
Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
We also love sharing Elf on the Shelf free printables! Get all of our free Elf on the Shelf printables by entering your email address below. Look for an email to confirm you signed up. Once you confirm, look for a second email in your inbox with a link and password!
Free Printables Step by Step Directions
2.) Look for a confirmation email in your inbox and confirm you requested a sign up.
3.) We will send you a Free Printables Welcome Email with link and passcode to all of our free printables.
4.) Enter your passcode at the top of the page here and click “Access Printables”
5. Enjoy your Elf Printables.
In addition to free Elf printables you will also get access to our free printable library including free Christmas printables and a Christmas slime box.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions. If you don’t have a printer, use Staples Online printing.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
Elf on the Shelf Resources
At Frugal Coupon Living, our goal, to create an easy Elf on the Shelf season for you. This is not our first year of having an Elf in the home. With over eight years of Elf ideas, we have created a rather large Elf on the Shelf fan club full of new Elf on the Shelf ideas. These Elf on the Shelf resources are all you need to create the best Elf ideas.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas Tradition. The tradition has a book and a elf doll. The book is poetic and in rhyme sharing the purpose of the Elf’s visits. The Elf visits each Thanksgiving. He/She goes and returns from the North Pole each evening. Every morning he can be found in a new location in the house. The Elf has been found in the refrigerator, fishing in the toilet, writing messages on the mirror or hanging from the lights. It is VERY IMPORTANT, the Elf is not touch each evening or his Christmas magic will be lost! Each family is able to name their special elf. The elves return to their home (Santa’s North Pole Work shop) every Christmas Eve. An Elf’s Story can also be found on DVD.
More Helpful Elf on the Shelf Links
Some call Frugal Coupon Living the biggest resource for all things Elf on the Shelf. While we don’t want to brag, we will. We have move our red little North Pole friend for year after year. We have created plenty of free printables, must have resources, inspirational Elf links and more. Use us at a platform to keep your sanity through the entire Christmas season.
Use the helpful Elf on the Shelf links to come up with create ideas, grab free printables, and answer Elf on the Shelf Questions.
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas – a Starter guide to all things elf including some of our top post ideas and Elf on the Shelf digital downloads.
- Largest List of Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Now over 600 Elf on the Shelf ideas. New ideas added daily during November and December.
- Elf on the Shelf Questions and Answers – Are you just beginning with an Elf? Could you use a refresher of all the Elf rules. Take a look at frequently asked elf on the shelf questions to get started. You will immediately be an Elf expert.
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables – Sign up for our emails and grab these free Elf digital downloads to help you during the Elf season. Includes an Elf calendar, notes, Elf coloring pages, encouraging ideas and more.
- DIY Bendable Elf on the Shelf – Want your Elf to do all sorts of positions. This is an easy no-sew bendable Elf on the Shelf tutorial.
- Elf Shop with Digital Downloads – This is one of the best Elf shops full of printable resources to perfect the holiday season.
- Elf on the Shelf Emails with New Ideas Daily – Each day we will write you with a new Elf on the Shelf idea as well as links to Elf on the shelf resources and sometimes hidden coupon codes and freebies!
Extend your activity
Take a look at the Elf on the Shelf Pinterest Board. Tell us what you are doing with your Elf on the Shelf this season. Is there an Elf idea we haven’t tried? Do you have any Elf on the Shelf questions. Leave a comment here or on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on November 15, 2022 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living