Combining Elf on the Shelf with plastic dinosaurs is a fun and imaginative way to create memorable holiday moments for your children. Take a look these 16 creative Elf on the Shelf dinosaur ideas to get you started. New silly, funny, and original Elf on the Shelf Ideas daily.
Want new Elf on the Shelf Ideas in your inbox daily in the month of November & December? Sign up here!
The holiday season is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to dust off your creative thinking cap and come up with some fun and festive Elf on the Shelf ideas for your kids. If you’re looking for a unique and entertaining twist on this beloved tradition, we’ve got just the idea for you: Elf on the Shelf feeding dinosaurs! In this enchanting setup, your Elf will be surrounded by plastic dinosaurs enjoying a tasty treat of mini marshmallows.
Before we dive into the details of how to create this magical scene, let’s look at list of dinosaur Elf on the Shelf ideas that will leave your little ones thrilled.
What are some good ideas for Elf on the Shelf and Plastic Dinosaurs?
Combining Elf on the Shelf with plastic dinosaurs is a fun and imaginative way to create memorable holiday moments for your children. Here are some creative ideas to get you started:
- Dinosaur Snowball Fight: Set up a scene where your Elf has enlisted the help of some dinosaurs for a snowball fight. Use small cotton balls as snowballs and position the dinosaurs and Elf with cotton balls in their hands as if they’re in the middle of a friendly winter battle.
- Dino Explorer Elf: Create a scenario where your Elf has become an adventurous dinosaur explorer. Surround the Elf with dinosaurs and place some miniature explorer props nearby, like a tiny backpack, a map, and a flashlight. You can even set up a “dinosaur dig” by burying small dinosaur toys in a tray of sand for your Elf to discover.
- Elf’s Ark: Any idea why the dinosaurs are extinct? They forgot to get on Elf’s Noah’s Ark! Create Elf’s Ark with the dinosaurs left in the background. On the Elf’s boat will be animals two-by-two and the dinos holding a sign that saying, “Oh no, was that today!?” This can be used with other Christian Elf on the Shelf ideas.
- Dino Dance Party: Arrange the dinosaurs in a circle, and your Elf can be in the center with a mini boombox or musical instrument. It looks like they’re leading a dinosaur dance party! Add some colorful tissue paper or confetti for a festive touch. You can even invite friends over and host a dinosaur party with fun dinosaur games for kids.
- Dino Spa Day: Give the dinosaurs a day of pampering and relaxation at a dinosaur spa. Your Elf can be the spa owner or masseuse, offering massages or beauty treatments to the dinos. Use tiny washcloths, toy beauty supplies, and miniature towels to set the scene. Everyone knows how rough a dinosaur’s skin can get!
- Dinosaur Movie Night: Set up a tiny movie theater with a small screen and seats. Your Elf can be the projectionist, and the plastic dinosaurs can be the audience. Place popcorn (small popcorn pieces or white pom-poms) and little 3D glasses on the dinosaurs for a cute touch. Watch something like The Land Before Time.
- Reading to Dinosaurs: Have Elf read to a set of plastic dinosaurs. Encouraging reading by leaving a note from the Elf asking your child to read their favorite book.
- Dinosaur Dentist: Create a scene where the Elf is playing the role of a dentist for the dinosaurs. Set up a small dental chair, tiny dental tools (which can be craft supplies), and maybe even some dental X-rays (tiny drawings or printouts) to inspect the dinosaurs’ “teeth.” This idea is exceptionally great if you are waiting on the arrival of a Christmas Tooth Fairy.
- Dinosaur Bakery: Your Elf can be the head baker at a dinosaur-themed bakery. Arrange the plastic dinosaurs around a tiny kitchen setup with playdough or clay as “dinosaur treats” being prepared. You can even add a little apron on the Elf or use dinosaur cookie cutters.
- Dinosaur Eating the Elf: If you have two or more elves, have the Dinosaur eating one of the elves with the other elf trying to get the North Pole friend out of the grip of the dino’s jaws.
- Dino Train Adventure: Have your Elf lead a dinosaur parade or adventure with a toy train. You can set up tracks, and the dinosaurs can ride in train cars. Make it more fun by placing a small “North Pole” sign at the destination, signifying a journey to the North Pole. If you are exceptionally into naughty Elf on the Shelf pranks, tie Elf to the train track.
- Dino Art Class: Position the dinosaurs around a table with art supplies, and your Elf can be the art teacher. Use tiny canvases, paintbrushes, and colorful paints (non-toxic) for the dinosaurs to “create” masterpieces.
- Dinosaur in the Garden: Take Elf and the dinosaur outside and place them in the garden. See how long it takes for your child to find elf. You can leave clues inside.
- Dino Tug of War: Set up a scene where the Elf and some dinosaurs are engaged in a friendly game of tug of war with a small ribbon or string. Make it look like a playful and spirited competition between the Elf and the dinos.
- Dino-Store: Bring a funny elf note using a dinosaur toy that says “Let’s shop with T-Rex as the Dino-Store!”
Remember, the key is to let your imagination run wild and have fun with these Elf on the Shelf and plastic dinosaur ideas. The goal is to create magical and memorable moments that your children will cherish during the holiday season.
Let’s look at one last idea we can set up together.
Elf on the Shelf Dinosaur Feeding Idea
On to the sweet 16 of dinosaur Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Elf feeds the dinosaurs.
Before we get started, gather these essential materials:
- Elf on the Shelf doll
- A small sign that reads “Do Not Feed the Dinosaurs”
- Plastic toy dinosaurs
- Mini marshmallows
- Small toy food dishes (optional)
- A sense of adventure and imagination!
Setting the Scene
- Choose a location: Find a suitable spot in your home where the Elf on the Shelf can interact with the plastic dinosaurs. A bookshelf, mantel, playroom, kitchen countertop, or even a cozy corner of your living room can work perfectly.
- Arrange the dinosaurs: Place the plastic dinosaurs in a semi-circle or group them together as if they’re enjoying a meal. Be creative with their positions; some can be standing, while others may be sitting or even lying down.
- Add the mini marshmallows: To make it look like the dinosaurs are munching on something, sprinkle mini marshmallows around their “meal” area. You can also place a few marshmallows in the toy food dishes for added detail or even in the dinosaur’s jaws.
- Position the Elf: Carefully position your Elf on the Shelf in the middle of the dinosaur gathering. Ensure they have a good view of the marshmallow feast.
- Display the sign: Place the “Do Not Feed the Dinosaurs” sign next to your Elf. You can prop it up on a small stand or simply lean it against a nearby object. This adds a humorous touch to the scene as if your Elf is trying to maintain order among the rambunctious dinos.
Creating the Magic
Once you’ve set up the scene, it’s time to let the magic unfold! Here are some ideas to make this Elf on the Shelf scenario even more engaging for your children:
- Write a note: Leave a note from the Elf explaining that they caught the dinosaurs sneaking marshmallows and had to remind them of the rules. This personal touch can add an extra layer of enchantment to the setup.
- Encourage imagination: Encourage your children to come up with their own stories about what’s happening. Are the dinosaurs behaving themselves, or are they causing mischief? The possibilities are endless!
- Morning surprises: You can stay with the dinosaur theme if you want. We offered plenty of Elf ideas. Each morning, have your kids excitedly search for their Elf and discover what mischief the dinosaurs got into overnight. This daily surprise can become a cherished holiday tradition.
Elf on the Shelf is all about creating magical moments and cherished memories during the holiday season. The Elf on the Shelf feeding dinosaurs idea is a delightful way to captivate your children’s imagination and make the holiday season even more special. With a little creativity and a few simple materials, you can bring this enchanting scene to life and keep the holiday spirit alive in your home. So, get ready to embark on a prehistoric adventure with your Elf and the dinosaurs, and watch your kids’ faces light up with wonder and joy!
Elf Dinosaur Printables
Our most popular Elf on the Shelf printables can be found in our Elf Store. Shop Elf costumes, our Elf Twister board, Jokes for Kids, and so much more!
In addition, we have toy letter boards as notes Elf can deliver. This includes a Dinosaur Elf on the Shelf Printable note.
Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
We also love sharing Elf on the Shelf free printables! Get all of our free Elf on the Shelf printables by entering your email address below. Look for an email to confirm you signed up. Once you confirm, look for a second email in your inbox with a link and password!
Free Printables Step-by-Step Directions
2.) Look for a confirmation email in your inbox and confirm you requested a signup.
3.) We will send you a Free Printables Welcome Email with a link and passcode to all of our free printables.
4.) Enter your passcode at the top of the page here and click “Access Printables”
5. Enjoy your Elf Printables.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal use, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions. If you don’t have a printer, use Staples Online Printing.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
Elf on the Shelf Resources
At Frugal Coupon Living, our goal is to create an easy Elf on the Shelf season for you. This is not our first year of having an Elf in the home. With over eight years of Elf ideas, we have created a rather large Elf on the Shelf fan club full of new Elf on the Shelf ideas. These Elf on the Shelf resources are all you need to create the best Elf ideas.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas Tradition. The tradition has a book and an elf doll. The book is poetic and in rhyme sharing the purpose of the Elf’s visits. The Elf visits each Thanksgiving. He/She goes and returns from the North Pole each evening. Every morning he can be found in a new location in the house. The Elf has been found in the refrigerator, fishing in the toilet, writing messages on the mirror, or hanging from the lights. It is VERY IMPORTANT, that the Elf is not touched each evening or his Christmas magic will be lost! Each family is able to name their special elf. The elves return to their home (Santa’s North Pole Work shop) every Christmas Eve. An Elf’s Story can also be found on DVD.
More Helpful Elf on the Shelf Links
Some call Frugal Coupon Living the biggest resource for all things Elf on the Shelf. While we don’t want to brag, we will. We have moved our red little North Pole friend year after year. We have created plenty of free printables, must-have resources, inspirational Elf links, and more. Use us as a platform to keep your sanity through the entire Christmas season.
Use the helpful Elf on the Shelf links to come up with creative ideas, grab free printables, and answer Elf on the Shelf Questions.
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas – a Starter guide to all things elf including some of our top post ideas and Elf on the Shelf digital downloads.
- Largest List of Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Now over 600 Elf on the Shelf Ideas. New ideas are added daily during November and December.
- Elf on the Shelf Questions and Answers – Are you just beginning with an Elf? Could you use a refresher on all the Elf on the Shelf rules? Take a look at frequently asked elf-on-the-shelf questions to get started. You will immediately be an Elf expert.
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables – Sign up for our emails and grab these free Elf digital downloads to help you during the Elf season. Includes an Elf calendar, notes, Elf coloring pages, encouraging ideas, and more.
- DIY Bendable Elf on the Shelf – Want your Elf to do all sorts of positions? This is an easy no-sew bendable Elf on the Shelf tutorial.
- Elf Shop with Digital Downloads – This is one of the best Elf shops full of printable resources to perfect the holiday season.
- Elf on the Shelf Emails with New Ideas Daily – Each day we will write you with a new Elf on the Shelf idea as well as links to Elf on a Shelf resource and sometimes hidden coupon codes and freebies!
Follow on social media! Take a look at the Elf on the Shelf Pinterest Board. Tell us what you are doing with your Elf on the Shelf this season. Is there an Elf idea we haven’t tried? Do you have any Elf on the Shelf questions? Leave a comment here or on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on November 16, 2023 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living