Why buy a packaged cupcake when you can make one yourself? These easy Copycat Hostess CupCakes might never have you purchasing a snack cake again. A moist, delicious chocolate cupcake recipe with a secret homemade marshmallow filling.
Copycat Hostess CupCakes
Are you as weak as me when it comes to packed desserts? Between Mini Muffins, Oatmeal Creme Pies with and Hostess Marshmallow Filled CupCakes, the snack aisle always gets me in the grocery store. We wanted to take the taste of these delicious snack cakes and bright them home with this Easy Copycat Hostess CupCakes Recipe. Enjoy!
A Few Ingredients You Will Need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegetable Oil
- Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallow Creme
- Powdered Sugar
Easy Copycat Hostess CupCakes with Secret Marshmallow Filling
- Yield: 18 1x
For the cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup boiling water
For the ganache topping:
- 2 ½ oz bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
For the Marshmallow filling
- 1 cup marshmallow crème
- ¼ cup unsalted butter; at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Chocolate Cupcake Instructions:
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees
- Prepare a cupcake pan with liners and set aside
- Prepare the chocolate cake mix by adding all dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment
- Whisk for about a minute to break up any lumps and to combine
- On low speed, add in all the wet ingredients except for the boiling water
- Once all of the wet ingredients are combined, add in the boiling water slowly!
- Slowly start to increase the speed to high, and mix on high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Fill each cupcake liner half way with batter and bake for 15 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
- After the have baked completely, remove from pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While they are cooling, make the marshmallow filling
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl, and melt in the microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Add marshmallow crème and butter into the mixing bowl with a paddle attachment and mix until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Mix on high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy
- After the cupcakes have cooled, take a small knife and cut a small hole from the middle of the cupcake. Fill the whole with the marshmallow creme mixture, and replace the top. (You may have to cut of a bit of the bottom for it to fit back correctly.
- After you fill the cupcake, turn it upside down and dip it into the ganache. Top with a swirl with the marshmallow crème and enjoy!
- Keep them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
WHAT’S TRENDING: Check out our Pinterest Content including Summer Ideas – Hacks, Recipes, Crafts and More on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also try Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals, recipes, crafts, and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other in your inbox.