For the cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup boiling water
For the ganache topping:
- 2 ½ oz bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
For the Marshmallow filling
- 1 cup marshmallow crème
- ¼ cup unsalted butter; at room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Chocolate Cupcake Instructions:
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees
- Prepare a cupcake pan with liners and set aside
- Prepare the chocolate cake mix by adding all dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment
- Whisk for about a minute to break up any lumps and to combine
- On low speed, add in all the wet ingredients except for the boiling water
- Once all of the wet ingredients are combined, add in the boiling water slowly!
- Slowly start to increase the speed to high, and mix on high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Fill each cupcake liner half way with batter and bake for 15 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean
- After the have baked completely, remove from pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While they are cooling, make the marshmallow filling
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a microwave safe bowl, and melt in the microwave for 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Add marshmallow crème and butter into the mixing bowl with a paddle attachment and mix until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar.
- Mix on high speed for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy
- After the cupcakes have cooled, take a small knife and cut a small hole from the middle of the cupcake. Fill the whole with the marshmallow creme mixture, and replace the top. (You may have to cut of a bit of the bottom for it to fit back correctly.
- After you fill the cupcake, turn it upside down and dip it into the ganache. Top with a swirl with the marshmallow crème and enjoy!
- Keep them in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.