Need a birthday party planner? Use this free printable birthday party planning template to keep you on task. Organize the guests, budget, décor, activities & more!
Celebrating a birthday party but you’re not sure where to start? Relax, this free birthday party planner will help you make sure that every detail is accounted for. From the invitations to the cake, this printable birthday PDF will make sure your special day is one to remember.
How to Plan a Birthday Party
Most of us aren’t professional party planners, but that doesn’t mean when you’re having a party, you can’t throw a great birthday party with a few party planning tips!
Follow this birthday party list to help you plan a great event:
1. Pick a date and time for the party. You’ll want to make sure that you pick a day and time that works well for both you and your guests. Take into account things like work, school and other activities that might conflict with the party.
2. Choose a venue. Once you have a date and time set, it’s time to start thinking about where the party will be held. If you’re having a small party, your home might be the best option. But if you’re expecting a larger crowd, you’ll need to look into renting a space.
3. Send out invitations. Once you have all the details worked out, it’s time to let your guests know about the party. You can either hand-deliver the invitations or send them out via email or snail mail.
4. Plan the food and drinks. No party is complete without food and drinks! Start thinking about what you’ll serve your guests. If you’re on a budget, finger foods and simple appetizers are always a good option.
5. Choose decorations. Decorations are optional, but they can really help set the mood for the party. If you’re stuck for ideas, try doing a quick search online or looking through party supply stores.
6. Pick activities. Depending on the age of your guests, you’ll want to have some activities planned for the party. This could be anything from playing party games to watching a movie.
7. Get supplies. Once you have all the details worked out, it’s time to start shopping for party supplies. Make sure you get enough plates, cups, napkins, etc. for all of your guests.
8. Decorate. If you’re having the party at your home, now is the time to start decorating. Put up some streamers, balloons and other decorations to really get your guests into the party spirit.
9. Set up for the party. A few hours before the party is set to start, make sure everything is ready to go. Set out the food, drinks, plates, cups, etc. so that everything is easy to find.
10. Enjoy the party! The big day is finally here! Take a deep breath and enjoy yourself. After all, it’s your party!
Create a Party Easily
With this FREE birthday party planner, you can print out pages of all the tasks that need to be completed in order to throw a great birthday bash. Simply check off each task as you complete it, and you’ll be sure that nothing is forgotten.
The Birthday Party Planner includes the following printable PDF pages:
Ideas & Brainstorming
Gather your party ideas together. Who do you want to invite, what are food and décor items you might want. Schedule a party time and day.
What party food is on the menu? Bring together your shopping list and what you can prepare days before and what needs to be prepared the day of.
Décor & Favor Planning
The best way to stick to a low-cost party is to plan a budget. Gathering items you want for party decorations and party favors will help you keep your budget in check.
Guest List Planner
Who do you plan to invite? Which each guest you invite, how many will attend from their family. Keep track of your RSVPs and guest contacts to know how many people to expect at the party.
As I always say, put the play back in the party plan. The best birthday parties have kids activities planned. Party entertainment doesn’t have to break the bank. We love these low-cost and fun party games when planning your next birthday party.
You can still have an amazing party keeping it low-cost. Watch your budget with this party planner spending checklist.
What’s on the party food menu? Drinks, snacks, desserts and of course the birthday cake!
Organize everything you need for your online shopping and in the party store. Plan décor, party favors, gifts, beverages and (of course) party food.
Did we miss anything? Stay organized with your very own to do list birthday party template. Simply add a check to the party checklist as you complete each task.
With these helpful pages and planning tips, it’s easy to plan a birthday party that will be talked about for years to come! The planning process can be a huge success. Simply fill out the spaces and get ready for a great time.
Free Birthday Party Planner Printable
Grab this free birthday party planner PDF. Download our free birthday printables including our new and improved party planner checklist. This incudes ten printable pages.
Subscribe and look for a link and password in your inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
Disclosure: By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that these resources are for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s).Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print at Staples
More Birthday Party Fun!
Now that you are prepared with the plan, get ready to have a party theme! On Frugal Coupon Living we have plenty of themed birthday parties for boys and girls. In addition to our birthday party ideas, also enjoy some of the best birthday party games.
Take a look at this huge list of birthday party ideas for kids and don’t forget to download and print the best party games based on themes!
We loved a good themed party. Take a look look a more kids birthday parties for boys and girls.
- Superhero Party Ideas
- Pirate Party Ideas
- Jungle (Safari) Party Ideas
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Ideas
- Winter ONE-derland Party Ideas
- Cat Party Ideas
- Tea Party Ideas
- Spa Party Ideas
- Blippi Birthday Party Ideas
- Baby Shark Party Ideas
- Fortnite Birthday Party Ideas
- Spy Party Ideas
- Disney Princess Party Ideas
- Thomas the Train Party Ideas
- Troll Party Ideas
- Blue Clues Birthday Ideas
- LEGO Birthday Party Ideas
- Camping Party Games
- Mad Scientist Party Ideas
- Star Wars Party Ideas
- Camouflage Camo Birthday Ideas
- Toy Story Party Ideas
- Space Party Ideas
- Glow-in-the-Dark Party Ideas
- Pokemon Birthday Ideas
- Harry Potter Birthday Ideas
- Paw Patrol Party Ideas
- Rockin Geology Rock Party Ideas
- Sleepover Party Ideas
- Art Birthday Party Ideas
You can keep parties small or even celebrate small celebrations every six months. Take a look at these…
- Family Birthday Celebrations
- Half Birthday Ideas
- Surprise Birthday Party Ideas
- Birthday Party Games for Kids
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Holiday, Group, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next birthday party.