Tell the Easter story to kids with these easy-to-read Easter Bible Verses printable PDF. Download 40 short Easter scripture cards to ready daily with your family. Read in the ERV translation, they make understanding the resurrection of Jesus simple and clear.
If you’ve been a Christian awhile, you likely know the story of Jesus’s life and death. Sometimes knowing the story to well, makes it a challenge to know where to begin.
For our family’s next set of scripture cards, I wanted to focus on a joyful season. While there is mourning in the story of the death of Christ, there is joy in his resurrection.
In order for these cards to meet the needs of all our family, I focused on the translation. In these ERV (easy-to-read) Easter Bible Verses for Kids, the Easter story is told in a format children can follow along and understand.
Easter Bible Verses for Kids
What makes these 40 cards set apart. These Easter scripture cards are in the ERV translation. The easy-to-read Easter bible verses for kids clearly explain the Easter Story. They focus on the life of Jesus, his death, resurrection of Christ, and the Gospel message.
The main focus in the forty cards for Easter are Christ being raised from the dead and accepting Christ. There is very brief focus on the death of Christ.
Key People In the Easter Story
In understanding the Easter story, share with your child some of the main characters.
- Jesus – The son of God. Rose from the dead on the third day.
- Judas – Betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
- Thomas – One of Jesus’s followers. Did not believe Jesus rose from the dead until he saw and felt his wounds.
- Mary Magdalene – A friend of Jesus. One of the first to see the tomb was empty.
- Disciples – Also known as the 12 Apostles or Jesus’s followers.
- Pontius Pilate – The governor who gave permission to execute Jesus of Nazareth in Jerusalem.
- Soldiers – Responsible for Jesus’s death. Also guarded the tomb where Jesus was buried.
You can explain these characters to your kids before sharing the Easter scripture verses.
Short Easter Bible Verses
In this Easter Bible Verse Bundle are forty scripture cards to explain the Easter story.
These ERV story sequencing cards are grouped to give a brief history of Jesus and share about his betrayal, his death, and give living hope in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Lastly, in summary, the set include the message of the cross. These bible also include Bible verses that summarize the Gospel and lead followers to accept Jesus as your savior.
1. Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection. I am life. Everyone who believes in me will have life, even if they die. And everyone who lives and believes in me will never really die… do you believe this?” John 11:25-26
2. “Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God. You are the one who was coming to the world.” John 11:27
3. Some of the people were walking ahead of Jesus. Others were walking behind him. They all shouted, “…God bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Praise to God in heaven!” Matthew 21:9
Jesus is Betrayed
4. In the evening Jesus was at the table with the twelve followers. They were all eating. Then Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that one of you twelve here will hand me over to my enemies.” The followers were very sad to hear this. Each one said, “Lord, surely I am not the one!” Matthew 26: 20-22
5. One of the twelve followers went to talk to the leading priests. This was the follower named Judas Iscariot. He said, “I will hand Jesus over to you. What will you pay me for doing this?” The priests gave him 30 silver coins. Matthew 26:14-15
6. Jesus stood before Pilate, the governor, who asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?” Jesus answered, “Yes, that’s right.” Matthew 27:11
7. The Jewish leaders answered… “he must die because he said he is the Son of God.” John 19:7
8. Pilate wanted to please the people… he told the soldiers to beat Jesus with whips. Then he handed him over to the soldiers to be killed on a cross. Mark 15:15
Jesus Dies on the Cross
9. Then they made a crown from thorny branches and put it on his head, and they put a stick in his right hand. Then they bowed before him, making fun of him. They said, “We salute you, king of the Jews!” Matthew 27:29
10. The soldiers nailed Jesus to a cross. Matthew 27:35
11. Jesus shouted, “Father, I put my life in your hands!” After Jesus said this, he died. Luke 23:46
Scriptures on Death, Burial and Resurrection
12. In the place where Jesus was killed on the cross, there was a garden. In the garden there was a new tomb. No one had ever been buried there before. The men put Jesus in that tomb. John 19: 41-42
13. Early on Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb. She saw that the large stone was moved away from the entrance. John 20:1
14. So she ran to Simon Peter and the other follower… She said, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they put him.” John 20:2
15. So Peter and the other follower started going to the tomb. They were both running, but the other follower ran faster than Peter and reached the tomb first. John 20:3-4
16. He bent down and looked in. He saw the pieces of linen cloth lying there, but he did not go in. Then Simon Peter finally reached the tomb and went in. He saw the pieces of linen lying there. John 20:5-6
17. He saw what had happened and believed. John 20:8b
18. Mary stood outside the tomb, crying. While she was crying, she bent down and looked inside the tomb. John 20:11
19. She saw two angels dressed in white sitting where Jesus’ body had been. One was sitting where the head had been; the other was sitting where the feet had been. John 20:12
20. The angels asked Mary, “Woman, why are you crying?” Mary answered, “They took away the body of my Lord, and I don’t know where they put him.” John 20:13
21. When Mary said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there. But she did not know that it was Jesus. John 20:14
22. He asked her, “Woman, why are you crying? Who are you looking for?” She thought he was the man in charge of the garden. So she said to him, “Did you take him away, sir? Tell me where you put him. I will go and get him.” John 20:15
23. Jesus said to her, “You don’t need to hold on to me! I have not yet gone back up to the Father. But go to my followers and tell them this: ‘I am going back to my Father and your Father. I am going back to my God and your God.’” John 20:17
24. Mary Magdalene went to the followers and told them, “I saw the Lord!” And she told them what he had said to her. John 20:18
25. The day was Sunday, and that same evening the followers were together. They had the doors locked because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them. He said, “Peace be with you!” John 20:19
26. As soon as he said this, he showed them his hands and his side. When the followers saw the Lord, they were very happy. John 20:20
27. Thomas was one of the twelve (followers), but he was not with the other followers when Jesus came. John 20:24
28. They told him, “We saw the Lord.” Thomas said, “That’s hard to believe. I will have to see the nail holes in his hands, put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side. Only then will I believe it.” John 20:25
29. A week later the followers were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. The doors were locked, but Jesus came and stood among them. He said, “Peace be with you!” John 20:26
30. Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here. Look at my hands. Put your hand here in my side. Stop doubting and believe.” John 20:27
31. Thomas said to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “You believe because you see me. Great blessings belong to the people who believe without seeing me!” John 20:28-29
32. These are written so that you can believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. Then, by believing, you can have life through his name. John 20:31
Bible Verses About Inviting God into Your Life
33. The greatest love people can show is to die for their friends. John 15:13
34. Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.” John 8:31
35. God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him would not be lost but have eternal life. John 3:16
36. All have sinned. When people sin, they earn what sin pays—death. But God gives his people a free gift—eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 3:23 & Romans 6:23
37. But Christ died for us while we were still sinners, and by this God showed how much he loves us. Romans 5:8
38. Christ died for our sins, as the Scriptures say; that he was buried and was raised to life on the third day. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
39. Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. Acts 16:31
40. Go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach them to obey everything that I have told you to do. You can be sure that I will be with you always. I will continue with you until the end of time.” Matthew 28:19-20
These short Easter bible verse cards can be used in a number of ways. Choose what is ideal for your family.
How to use Easter Bible Verse Cards
While the Easter story remains the same, the way the these bible verses about resurrection of Jesus are share can be different for each family. Take a look at the number of ways to use these Easter bible story cards.
Easter Bible Verse Countdown
Choose an arbitrary number and countdown the days until Easter. Just like Advent at Christmas, each day read a verse (or a few) to countdown to Easter Sunday.
Bible Verses for Easter Week
Holy Week, in the Christian church, is week between Palm Sunday and Easter. During this week, create a few nights of dinner discussion and review these bible verses for comfort, encouragement and (of course) hope – He is risen!
40 Days of Lent
Did you know that for many, the Lent season is technically 46 days? This is because Lent is recognized Monday through Saturday while each Sunday is considered a day of celebration. While you can decide how you split these 40 cards, use them as the 40 Lent Bible Verses for kids and the whole family. The simple Easter verses make this 40 day celebration very clear for kids to understand.
Easter Egg Hunt
Number your 40 scriptures and put one inside an Easter egg with a fun treat. After your kids find and collect the forty eggs, put the Easter Bible Story cards in order and share the message with kids while they eat a tasty treat.
These encouraging bible verse cards are quick enough to share in one sitting. Use this as an Easter Sunday activity. Perhaps before the Easter super, share the reason of celebrating through an Easter Bible Story. They are great for summarizing Christianity and the Gospel story.
Easter Bible Verses Printable
Get Your Easter Scripture Cards printable. This set includes 40 Bible Verses and 4 Blank Cards to use as you wish. Print, cut and/or craft. They are fun to laminate and add to a keychain.
This is a digital file. They are not editable. Each cards is approximately 3 inches wide x 2.25 inches tall.
Not ready to buy? See many of our free Easter Printables in our free printables library. Subscribe and look for a link and password in your inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
By downloading you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s).Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print at Staples
Just to compare the quality of Staples printing and at home printing, coloring can change depending on types of ink cartridges and quality of printer. Take a look at our Easter Bible Verses. One printed at Staples on cardstock. One printed at home on printer paper.
Both are great, just understand colors vary for a number or reasons.
More Encouraging Bible Verses
- Bible Verses for Advent
- Bible Verses for Teenage Girls
- Bible Verses for Teenage Boys
- Bible Verses for Toddlers
- Bible Verses for Kids
- Bible Verses for Dads
- Bible Verses for Mom
- Bible Verses for Teachers
You can see them all in Frugal Coupon Living shop.
Our Pinterest community and I would love to see how this worked out for you. Share your Easter Bible Verse Cards. Leave a comment here or on Pinterest and tell us how you used the Easter scripture cards!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a fun holiday activity? Grab the Popular Holiday Game Set – Minute to Win It, Charades, themed party games & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next Christmas party.
Last Updated on January 4, 2022 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living