Want an easy elf idea that looks very hard? Learn how to trap Elf on the Shelf in a bottle. This plastic bottle hack takes just a few minutes. New creative, funny, and original Elf on the Shelf Ideas daily.
Want new Elf on the Shelf Ideas in your inbox daily in the month of November & December? Sign up here!
Where is the Elf on the Shelf? How did he do that? Both questions are coming your way when you trap Elf in a bottle. Follow along for an easy tutorial to Trap Elf and fun ideas to catch elf including in a balloon, jar, tv and a water bottle!
How to Trap Elf on the Shelf in a Water Bottle
This is one of those “how did the Elf on the Shelf do that” idea. Best of all, it’s quick and easy for you mama. Your kids will brag over and over what their Elf doll did last night and you will feel like a Pinterest mom with very little effort.
My only request, though, is if you try this Elf idea, you send some one back to this page to try it themselves. Lets support fellow Elf on the Shelf Moving Committee members – because we all know the struggle bus can be real during this holiday season!
Let’s begin – quickly gather a few supplies.
- The Elf on the Shelf Doll
- Water Bottle (or another plastic bottle)
- Utility Knife
Its’ actually very easy to get Elf on the Shelf stuck in a water bottle.
- First, take off the top of your plastic water bottle. Drain the water.
- Carefully peel the label of the bottle and put it to the side. You want to keep this label intact.
- Take a utility knife and carefully cut the water bottle in half. This can be done directly behind where the label was. You will cut in a cross potion and drag your knife all the way around the bottle so it cuts in half with a bottom and a top.
- Dry out the inside of your bottle with a paper towel or towel.
- Insert your Scout Elf.
- If you want an Elf on the Shelf note or message, insert the note in the bottle too.
- Carefully lay the two parts of the bottle together. Tape the two pieces together so that the tape will be hidden when the label goes back on.
- Once the pieces are held together, carefully wrap the water bottle label back on the bottle. Tape it together. Try to hide or mask the tape.
- Place your Elf on the Shelf Water bottle with the other water bottles that hold elf.
- Viola – you have trapped your Elf in a bottle!
Have fun watching your kids find their North Pole elf in this Hard Elf on the Shelf hiding spot.
Other Ways to Catch Elf on the Shelf
There are many places you can trap the Elf on the Shelf. Catch the family Elf in the TV, in a balloon, in a jar and more places for Elf pranks.
You have looked everyone for the red elf but have you tried the television. Easily Trap Elf on the Shelf in the TV with this tutorial.
Want to make your child jaw drop? While we don’t have Elf on the Shelf traps, you can Catch Elf on the Shelf Moving on camera. Try these ideas.
You can also Catch Elf on the Shelf in a Balloon. This balloon idea can be used as an Elf on the Shelf arrival idea or just something funny.
Did you know El fon the Shelf can travel with you? Trap Elf on the Shelf in a Jar and hit the road. This is the perfect excuse for your child to get to hold Elf on the Shelf.
Our most popular Elf on the Shelf printables can be found in our Elf Store. Shop Elf costumes, our Elf Twister board, Jokes for Kids, our Magic Shrinking Machine and so much more!
Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
We also love sharing Elf on the Shelf free printables! Get all of our free Elf on the Shelf printables by entering your email address below. Look for an email to confirm you signed up. Once you confirm, look for a second email in your inbox with a link and password!
Free Printables Step by Step Directions
1.) Enter your email address here.
2.) Look for a confirmation email in your inbox and confirm you requested a sign up.
3.) We will send you a Free Printables Welcome Email with link and passcode to all of our free printables.
4.) Enter your passcode at the top of the page here and click “Access Printables”
5. Enjoy your Elf Printables.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions. If you don’t have a printer, use Staples Online printing.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
Elf on the Shelf Resources
At Frugal Coupon Living, our goal, to create an easy Elf on the Shelf season for you. This is not our first year of having an Elf in the home. With over eight years of Elf ideas, we have created a rather large Elf on the Shelf fan club full of new Elf on the Shelf ideas. These Elf on the Shelf resources are all you need to create the best Elf ideas.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas Tradition. The tradition has a book and a elf doll. The book is poetic and in rhyme sharing the purpose of the Elf’s visits. The Elf visits each Thanksgiving. He/She goes and returns from the North Pole each evening. Every morning he can be found in a new location in the house. The Elf has been found in the refrigerator, fishing in the toilet, writing messages on the mirror or hanging from the lights. It is VERY IMPORTANT, the Elf is not touch each evening or his Christmas magic will be lost! Each family is able to name their special elf. The elves return to their home (Santa’s North Pole Work shop) every Christmas Eve. An Elf’s Story can also be found on DVD.
More Helpful Elf on the Shelf Links
Some call Frugal Coupon Living the biggest resource for all things Elf on the Shelf. While we don’t want to brag, we will. We have move our red little North Pole friend for year after year. We have created plenty of free printables, must have resources, inspirational Elf links and more. Use us at a platform to keep your sanity through the entire Christmas season.
Use the helpful Elf on the Shelf links to come up with create ideas, grab free printables, and answer Elf on the Shelf Questions.
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas – a Starter guide to all things elf including some of our top post ideas and Elf on the Shelf digital downloads.
- Largest List of Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Now over 600 Elf on the Shelf ideas. New ideas added daily during November and December.
- Elf on the Shelf Questions and Answers – Are you just beginning with an Elf? Could you use a refresher of all the Elf rules. Take a look at frequently asked elf on the shelf questions to get started. You will immediately be an Elf expert.
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables – Sign up for our emails and grab these free Elf digital downloads to help you during the Elf season. Includes an Elf calendar, notes, Elf coloring pages, encouraging ideas and more.
- DIY Bendable Elf on the Shelf – Want your Elf to do all sorts of positions. This is an easy no-sew bendable Elf on the Shelf tutorial.
- Elf Shop with Digital Downloads – This is one of the best Elf shops full of printable resources to perfect the holiday season.
- Elf on the Shelf Emails with New Ideas Daily – Each day we will write you with a new Elf on the Shelf idea as well as links to Elf on the shelf resources and sometimes hidden coupon codes and freebies!
Follow on social media! Take a look at the Elf on the Shelf Pinterest Board. Tell us what you are doing with your Elf on the Shelf this season. Is there an Elf idea we haven’t tried? Do you have any Elf on the Shelf questions. Leave a comment here or on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on December 2, 2022 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
Leave a Reply