Make a splash with our Elf on the Shelf in a hilarious shark encounter! Download the free Elf on the Shelf printable jaws template for a fin-tastic holiday surprise. New creative, funny, and original Elf on the Shelf Ideas daily.
Want new Elf on the Shelf Ideas in your inbox daily in the month of November & December? Sign up here!
The holiday season is upon us, and that means it’s time to get creative with your Elf on the Shelf antics! If you’re looking for a side-splitting, family-friendly prank to pull off this year, we’ve got just the idea for you. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to stage a rib-tickling Elf on the Shelf scenario where your mischievous Elf finds itself in a comical bathroom adventure: falling into the toilet with a giant pair of jaws waiting to ‘chomp’ away! And the best part? We’ve got a free printable of those menacing jaws that you can easily use to set up this hilarious scene.
Menacing Jaws Elf on the Shelf Shark Idea
In this Elf Bathroom idea, Scout Elf is about to fall into the toilet. Let’s set up the scene.
The materials are simple, you can put together this easy elf idea quickly.
- The Elf on the Shelf Doll(s)
- A bathroom with low traffic (to avoid any unintentional interactions)
- Cardstock or printer paper (this is the best cardstock which is perfect for your Elf printables)
- A printed copy of the free giant Jaws template (provided in the Free Elf on the Shelf Printables section)
- Tape or adhesive putty
- Printer (Low-cost pick)
- A sense of humor
- Print the Jaws Template: Start by downloading and printing our free Giant Jaws template. This will be 8.5″ x 11″ PDF. You can use scissors to cut down to fit your toilet bowl for maximum comedic effect. If the image is too small, add dark blue construction paper along the border to give the look of darker water.
- Prepare the Bathroom: For this Elf bathroom idea, choose a bathroom with low traffic for your Elf’s escapade. You don’t want anyone accidentally ruining the surprise! Ensure the bathroom is clean and tidy so you don’t get your Elf dirty.
- Set the Stage: Open the toilet seat and carefully place your Elf on the Shelf doll on the rim. Position it in a way that makes it appear as though it’s teetering on the edge, about to take a fall into the jaws of the toilet. Use tape to hang your elf there. You can also use clear elastics to connect your elf to another elf if you are doing this elf idea with two elves.
- Attach the Jaws: Now, take your printed jaws template and cut it out if needed). Use tape or adhesive putty to secure the jaws inside the toilet bowl, just below the toilet seat rim and above the waterline. Make sure they’re wide open, ready to ‘snap’ shut.
- Add Some Drama: To add a touch of drama to the scene, you can add some ketchup or stuffing as if another elf has gotten eaten.
- Leave a Note: To ensure everyone knows that the toilet is off-limits for the day, leave a humorous note from your Elf explaining the situation. You can have your Elf express its surprise at the ‘big catch’ it narrowly avoided and apologize for the inconvenience. You can also add caution tape to the door or around the commode.
- Watch and Enjoy: Now, all that’s left to do is wait for the reactions! Your family will undoubtedly get a good laugh out of this unexpected bathroom encounter.
Elf on the Shelf is all about creating unforgettable moments and making cherished memories during the holiday season. This year, take your Elf’s antics to a whole new level with this hilarious bathroom adventure featuring a daring plunge into the jaws of the toilet.
Remember to capture the priceless reactions of your loved ones and cherish the laughter that this whimsical holiday tradition brings to your home.
Our most popular Elf on the Shelf printables can be found in our Elf Store. Shop Elf costumes, our Elf Twister board, Jokes for Kids, our Magic Shrinking Machine and so much more!
Free Elf on the Shelf Shark Printable
In our free Elf printables, you can find the Shark Jaws printable too. Look for an email to confirm you signed up. Once you confirm, look for a second email in your inbox with a link and password!
Free Printables Step-by-Step Directions
2.) Look for a confirmation email in your inbox and confirm you requested a signup.
3.) We will send you a Free Printables Welcome Email with a link and passcode to all of our free printables.
4.) Enter your passcode at the top of the page here and click “Access Printables”
5. Enjoy your Elf Printables.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal use, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions. If you don’t have a printer, use Staples Online Printing.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
Elf on the Shelf Resources
At Frugal Coupon Living, our goal is to create an easy Elf on the Shelf season for you. This is not our first year of having an Elf in the home. With over eight years of Elf ideas, we have created a rather large Elf on the Shelf fan club full of new Elf on the Shelf ideas. These Elf on the Shelf resources are all you need to create the best Elf ideas.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas Tradition. The tradition has a book and an elf doll. The book is poetic and in rhyme sharing the purpose of the Elf’s visits. The Elf visits each Thanksgiving. He/She goes and returns from the North Pole each evening. Every morning he can be found in a new location in the house. The Elf has been found in the refrigerator, fishing in the toilet, writing messages on the mirror, or hanging from the lights. It is VERY IMPORTANT, that the Elf is not touched each evening or his Christmas magic will be lost! Each family is able to name their special elf. The elves return to their home (Santa’s North Pole Work shop) every Christmas Eve. An Elf’s Story can also be found on DVD.
More Helpful Elf on the Shelf Links
Some call Frugal Coupon Living the biggest resource for all things Elf on the Shelf. While we don’t want to brag, we will. We have moved our red little North Pole friend year after year. We have created plenty of free printables, must-have resources, inspirational Elf links, and more. Use us as a platform to keep your sanity through the entire Christmas season.
Use the helpful Elf on the Shelf links to come up with creative ideas, grab free printables, and answer Elf on the Shelf Questions.
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas – a Starter guide to all things elf including some of our top post ideas and Elf on the Shelf digital downloads.
- Largest List of Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Now over 600 Elf on the Shelf Ideas. New ideas are added daily during November and December.
- Elf on the Shelf Questions and Answers – Are you just beginning with an Elf? Could you use a refresher on all the Elf on the Shelf rules? Take a look at frequently asked elf-on-the-shelf questions to get started. You will immediately be an Elf expert.
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables – Sign up for our emails and grab these free Elf digital downloads to help you during the Elf season. Includes an Elf calendar, notes, Elf coloring pages, encouraging ideas, and more.
- DIY Bendable Elf on the Shelf – Want your Elf to do all sorts of positions? This is an easy no-sew bendable Elf on the Shelf tutorial.
- Elf Shop with Digital Downloads – This is one of the best Elf shops full of printable resources to perfect the holiday season.
- Elf on the Shelf Emails with New Ideas Daily – Each day we will write you with a new Elf on the Shelf idea as well as links to Elf on a Shelf resource and sometimes hidden coupon codes and freebies!
Follow on social media! Take a look at the Elf on the Shelf Pinterest Board. Tell us what you are doing with your Elf on the Shelf this season. Is there an Elf idea we haven’t tried? Do you have any Elf on the Shelf questions? Leave a comment here or on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on November 21, 2023 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living