April 22 is Earth Day! Take this easy Earth Day quiz, get your little ones involved in these Earth Day projects and activities for kids, and take on this April low waste living Earth Day challenge to create some new environmental conscious habits and perhaps a zero waste home!
Low Waste Earth Day Challenge
Earth Day is an annual celebration around the world to demonstrate support for environmental protection. On this date, environmental awareness is put forth and discussions and ideas are created to acknowledge our impact (both good and bad) on the environment.
Earth Day Quiz
Before we begin, we have an Earth Day Quiz for you. Can you do something to differently to make an environmental difference? I bet we can all answer yes! But really, here is a quick Earth Day Quiz (with answers) to teach you more about Earth Day.
When is Earth Day? April 22
When was the First Earth Day? 1970
Who founded Earth Day? Gaylord Nelson, a U.S. Senator from Wisconsin
Why do we belebrate Earth Day? Celebrating Earth Day serves as a reminder of how fragile our earth is and how important it is to protect our planet.
Also try this easy Earth Day Quiz for Kids…
What color is the earth from? Blue and Green (white if including clouds)
What covers 70% off the earth? Water
What are five things you can recycle in your home? answers will vary
Where is your favorite place to visit on earth? answers will vary
Now that you have begun an Earth Day discussion and even grown in knowledge of your Earth Day facts, we have Earth Day Projects and our very own Earth Day Challenge for you to tackle during the month of April.
Earth Day Projects
These Earth Day Projects and Earth Day Activities for Kids are a few ways to make a difference this April and perhaps for the rest of your life. A new habit takes on average a month, perhaps making a difference this month will create some life long differences for your family and your environment.
Easy Earth Day Projects and Activities for Kids
- Homemade Terrarium
- Recycled Newspaper Earth Craft
- Recycled Tin Can Planters
- Experiment: Can You Undo Water Pollution?
- Earth Day Seed Bomb
- Toilet Paper Bird Feeder
- Recycled Homemade Paper
- Egg Shell Garden
- Earth Day Sensory Activity with Animals
We have more Earth Day Ideas! Also visit our Earth Day Crafts Ideas for Kids to raise awareness and support for protecting our environment with your children
Earth Day Challenge
We have our very own challenge for you. Incorporate the kids and take this Low Waste Earth Day Challenge for the entire month of April. I bet you already do many of these things already. Once you complete the month, is there something you can continue and perhaps make a new habit?
- Use a refillable stainless steel water bottle
- Use a reusable coffee cup/thermos (even when buying coffee)
- Get a library card and borrow books and magazines instead of buying prints (or join Audible and listen to books)
- Use a bamboo toothbrush (instead of a plastic one)
- Say no to free promo items
- Use bar soap instead of liquid soap (less packaging)
- Use reusable shopping and produce bags
- Shop your local farmers market, bring a reusable bag
- Plan meals to avoid food waste
- Collect and re-purpose rain or grey water
- Have your shoes and clothes repaired instead of buying new
- Run full loads in the dish washer and laundry
- Focus on experiences instead of things
- Change all your bills to paperless (electronic)
- Join carpools or use public transport
- Plant a garden (even if it is small)
- Carry your own reusable straw
- Reduce the amount of consumption of toothpaste, shampoo, etc
- Don’t impulse shop – stop, think method
- Avoid palm oil (responsible for much of the world’s deforestation)
- Upcycle and re-purpose as much as you can
- Pack your own lunch in a reusable container
The steps will turn you into an environmentally conscious earth member (wink) and get you family closer to a zero waste home!
Earth Day Printable PDF
Get all of our free printables including this Low Waste Challenge Earth Day Printable. Subscribe and look for a link and password in our inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
Earth Day Printable Directions
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
By downloading you are accepting the terms that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). It takes time, effort and money to put the freebies forth and I earn when you visit. Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Order Prints at Staples
You can of course, keep this product digital – that would be Earth Day Friendly. However, if you want to print a copy, I have a video to show you how I print my PDF documents at Staples.
You can also follow the directions below.
- Have your PDF, Word Document or printable saved to a folder on your computer.
- Sign in or create a Staples account.
- Return to the Staples Printing Service Page.
- Scroll down to Self-Service printing.
- Go to Start Project.
- Go to Documents Printing.
- Select Browse.
- Select the Buy Now Button under color.
- In the left column, choose add file(s).
- Select upload files (to upload a file from your computer).
- Add more files or select the blue upload button.
- Select done.
- Give your job a name in the top left column.
- Choose color or B&W.
- Make sure your project is single sided. (You can choose double sided if you need.)
- Choose the correct orientation of your project – landscape or portrait.
- I changed my media to 8.5×11 67 lb card/coverstock (I prefer a card stock feel over printer paper feel. It makes the paper very durable and sturdy.)
- Save your product to Staples or select add to cart on the bottom right.
- Proceed to checkout.
*Note: these Staple print service steps were added in Winter 2020. The directions may change as the website changes. They should give you a general outline of how to upload and order a print on Staples.com.
Our Pinterest community and I would love to see how this worked out for you. Share your final Earth Day Challenge Low Waste Printable. Leave a comment and/or add a photo here on Pinterest!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get inspired this Spring with Dollar Store Easter Decor.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.