Make your own Elf on the SHelf Balloon Garland with a few simple steps. This DIY balloon garland idea is quite adorable and adds instant Christmas decor to your cute elf idea. New creative, funny, and original Elf on the Shelf Ideas daily.
Want new Elf on the Shelf Ideas in your inbox daily in the month of November & December? Sign up here!
Want to make a huge impact on your borning Elf on the Shelf ideas. Well this cute Ballon Elf idea isn’t a snore. Your kids will love the Christmas decorations elf brings when this adorable Christmas balloon garland arrives by none other than their very own Scout elf.
This is going to be a ton of fun!
Balloon Elf on the Shelf Garland
Make a big impact with a little bit of effort. This easy balloon garland uses the color scheme red and green for Christmas. However, you can make this fun idea Hanukkah, birthday parties, a baby shower celebration, or plenty of other fun occasion. It definitely add a wow factor!
Balloon Garland Supplies
- The Elf on the Shelf Doll
- Green Tinsel Garland (we used this)
- Green SOLO Plastic Cups (or Red SOLO Cups will work too)
- 10-12 inch Green & Red Latex Balloons
- Optional: Balloon Pump (we love this one on Amazon and used it in our stuffed Elf on the Shelf in a balloon idea.)
- Optional: Tying Tool
- Optional: Ultra Low Temperature Glue Gun (like this one)
- Optional, Fishing Line or twine.
How to make balloon garland
These step-by-step instructions for how to make Balloon garland can easily be summarized with the word tape. Repeat after me. Tape is your friend.
Start by blowing up your round balloons and tying off the end of each balloon. For this 18 foot garland, we used 8 (4 red, 4 green) balloons. Multiply as needed.
It will be obvious (you aren’t doing this for professional Christmas decor – let’s call it amazing Dollar Tree Christmas Decor), tape the balloons to your plastic cups. We inserted the knot of the balloon in to the cup and taped around the edges.
Once you’ve made your balloons look like Christmas lights, tape them to the green garland about every two feet.
Then tape your balloon light garland to the ceiling. Did we mention tape was the keyword in this christmas balloon garland tutorial?
Make sure your tape is secure on the ceiling and gently add your Scout Elf.
Viola – with only a few accessories, you’ve made your own balloon garland kit.
How fun was this Elf idea?
Balloon Garland Pro Tips: You can use a glue gun for this idea but not glue will make the balloon pop, so consider a cold glue gun. Command hooks would also be good for hanging on the ceiling or all. Consider fishing line to also tie your balloons, cups and garland together.
December birthdays are great for your Elf on the Shelf. Use this garland as a party decoration and pair this DIY balloon garland idea with Birthday Elf on the Shelf Ideas.
Our most popular Elf on the Shelf printables can be found in our Elf Store. Shop Elf costumes, our Elf Twister board, Jokes for Kids, our Magic Shrinking Machine and so much more!
Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
We also love sharing Elf on the Shelf free printables! Get all of our free Elf on the Shelf printables by entering your email address below. Look for an email to confirm you signed up. Once you confirm, look for a second email in your inbox with a link and password!
Free Printables Step by Step Directions
2.) Look for a confirmation email in your inbox and confirm you requested a sign up.
3.) We will send you a Free Printables Welcome Email with link and passcode to all of our free printables.
4.) Enter your passcode at the top of the page here and click “Access Printables”
5. Enjoy your Elf Printables.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions. If you don’t have a printer, use Staples Online printing.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
Elf on the Shelf Resources
At Frugal Coupon Living, our goal, to create an easy Elf on the Shelf season for you. This is not our first year of having an Elf in the home. With over eight years of Elf ideas, we have created a rather large Elf on the Shelf fan club full of new Elf on the Shelf ideas. These Elf on the Shelf resources are all you need to create the best Elf ideas.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas Tradition. The tradition has a book and a elf doll. The book is poetic and in rhyme sharing the purpose of the Elf’s visits. The Elf visits each Thanksgiving. He/She goes and returns from the North Pole each evening. Every morning he can be found in a new location in the house. The Elf has been found in the refrigerator, fishing in the toilet, writing messages on the mirror or hanging from the lights. It is VERY IMPORTANT, the Elf is not touch each evening or his Christmas magic will be lost! Each family is able to name their special elf. The elves return to their home (Santa’s North Pole Work shop) every Christmas Eve. An Elf’s Story can also be found on DVD.
More Helpful Elf on the Shelf Links
Some call Frugal Coupon Living the biggest resource for all things Elf on the Shelf. While we don’t want to brag, we will. We have move our red little North Pole friend for year after year. We have created plenty of free printables, must have resources, inspirational Elf links and more. Use us at a platform to keep your sanity through the entire Christmas season.
Use the helpful Elf on the Shelf links to come up with create ideas, grab free printables, and answer Elf on the Shelf Questions.
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas – a Starter guide to all things elf including some of our top post ideas and Elf on the Shelf digital downloads.
- Largest List of Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Now over 600 Elf on the Shelf ideas. New ideas added daily during November and December.
- Elf on the Shelf Questions and Answers – Are you just beginning with an Elf? Could you use a refresher of all the Elf rules. Take a look at frequently asked elf on the shelf questions to get started. You will immediately be an Elf expert.
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables – Sign up for our emails and grab these free Elf digital downloads to help you during the Elf season. Includes an Elf calendar, notes, Elf coloring pages, encouraging ideas and more.
- DIY Bendable Elf on the Shelf – Want your Elf to do all sorts of positions. This is an easy no-sew bendable Elf on the Shelf tutorial.
- Elf Shop with Digital Downloads – This is one of the best Elf shops full of printable resources to perfect the holiday season.
- Elf on the Shelf Emails with New Ideas Daily – Each day we will write you with a new Elf on the Shelf idea as well as links to Elf on the shelf resources and sometimes hidden coupon codes and freebies!
Follow on social media! Take a look at the Elf on the Shelf Pinterest Board. Tell us what you are doing with your Elf on the Shelf this season. Is there an Elf idea we haven’t tried? Do you have any Elf on the Shelf questions. Leave a comment here or on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on December 7, 2022 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living