Guinness Beef Stew
Another St. Patricks Day Treat – Check out this Guinness Beef Stew Recipe, perfect for your St. Patty’s Dinner. This entree makes a great prelude to your Green Velvet Cupcakes with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 1 1/2 lb Beef Chuck cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 3 cup Beef Stock
- 1 bottle Guinness Extra Stout (optional: 1 bottle for yourself)
- 1/2 can Tomato Paste
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 pounds of small Red Potatoes, quartered
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 lb Carrots, chopped
- 1 Bay Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Dredge meat in small batches and brown in oil.
- Remove browned beef and set aside.
- Add Onion to pan and cook until golden (about 5 minutes).
- Add Guinness and garlic and scrape browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add back browned beef and remainder of dredging flour and bring to a simmer.
- Then, add in the beef stock, tomato paste, brown sugar, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place in oven for 2 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- Add in carrots and return to oven for 1 hour.
- Add in potatoes and return to oven for 1 hour or potatoes are cooked through.
This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker.
Find these other Irish and St. Patricks Day Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living.
- Guinness Bread – Pin to Pinterest
- Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting – Pin to Pinterest
- Green Velvet Cupcakes with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting – Pin to Pinterest
- Rainbow JELL-O Squares – Pin to Pinterest
- Lime JELL-O Cupcakes (also check out this Rainbow Cupcake) – Pin to Pinterest
- Lucky Charms Marshmallow Stuffed Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- Chocolate Marshmallow Leprechaun Hats – Pin to Pinterest
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Copycat Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Sign up for the Elf on the Shelf 5-Day Email Series.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.