Green Velvet Cupcakes with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting
Seasons and holidays always seem to produce a recipe for the kids. This St. Patrick’s day, we haven’t forgotten the adults. Check out these delicious GREEN VELVET CUPCAKES with a touch of Baileys in a Cream Cheese Frosting… prepare to eat the entire batch (so make a few!) This recipe yield 12 cupcakes.
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Green Food Coloring (also consider Green Gel Food Paste)
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 4 tbsp softened Butter
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Baileys (Optional: a cup for yourself)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Beat egg and then add remaining wet ingredients and whisk until blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingedients to the dry stir until combined.
- Now add food coloring until you reach the desired color.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
- Cream together cream cheese, butter and Baileys.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and whip until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to zippered bag or piping bag and pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
This recipe yields 12 cupcakes
Find these other Irish and St. Patricks Day Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living.
- Guinness Bread – Pin to Pinterest
- Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting – Pin to Pinterest
- Guinness Beef Stew – Pin to Pinterest
- Rainbow JELL-O Squares – Pin to Pinterest
- Lime JELL-O Cupcakes (also check out this Rainbow Cupcake) – Pin to Pinterest
- Lucky Charms Marshmallow Stuffed Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- Chocolate Marshmallow Leprechaun Hats – Pin to Pinterest
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Copycat Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on February 17, 2015 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living