Family time is important for bonding and creating new memories. Take a look at this list of 72 Family Bonding Activities and Ideas. Download this fun family traditions checklist to begin the family fun today!
Family time is important for everyone in the family. Planning relationship building activities make for fun memories that you’ll cherish for years. This family bonding activities printable provides year-round ideas of fun things to do together to make great memories together.
Why Family Time?
Whether it’s the bonding time spent with siblings, parents, children or even pets; spending time with family can provide a sense of security and love that cannot be found outside of the people you love the most. In addition, memories are created when something unusual occurs. That means getting out of the same daily routine and adding a new activity to your day!
Fun family activities can overlap with Family Traditions and they can be repeated or you can do them once and never do them again. For example, every Sunday family dinner is breakfast for us. This began as a family activity and quickly grew into a family tradition.
When creating a list of seasonal family activities, consider what your family would enjoy. If you have a larger family (like my family of seven) we have activities on the list that each child/adult would like. Of course, not each activity is appreciated by everyone but we all participate.
Family Bonding Ideas
We all know we should spend more time with our families but sometimes we struggle to come up with activities that don’t end in a shouting match. Making time to build your family bond can often be pushed aside. With that being said, here are some simple family bonding activities that you can do with your family this weekend!
1. Indoor Ice Skating: This fun activity for families on a budget is great for any time of year. Lace up and have fun trying to stay upright or learning how to do new tricks. If you don’t have ice skates, try out skates or even roller blades!
2. Cook Together: Cooking with kids can sometimes be difficult because they always want to play with the food but not eat any of it. Pick a recipe that everyone will enjoy and prep together if possible. Bonus points for trying new foods.
3. DIY Crafts: When was the last time you went to your local craft store? Take advantage of great deals and create something together. Your family will love the memories you create together while coming up with new ideas for future projects.
4. Mini-Golfing: It’s never too late or too early to start playing the game everyone loves. Mini-golf is a great family bonding activity that will leave you with laughs and smiles for years to come.
5. Go For A Hike: It doesn’t matter where you go for your hike as long as it’s somewhere new, exciting and challenging. Pack some snacks, water and good hiking shoes and get out of the house. Bonus: Involve your dog and make it a family adventure!
6. Board Games: Get some old school board games like Monopoly, Pictionary, Life or even Chess and challenge each other to friendly battles of minds. As long as everyone remembers that it’s just a game, you’ll have fun while making memories with a family game night.
7. Family Movie Night: One of the cheapest ways to have fun with the family is to spend a few hours at home watching a movie. Pick a movie everyone will enjoy and get some popcorn too! If your brave, make it a backyard movie night.
8. Yard Games: Whether you call them yard games or lawn games, playing sports in your backyard can be a ton of fun for the whole family. Bring out the badminton set or play a game of football to get some fresh air and burn off some energy.
9. Go on a Scavenger Hunt: We have a huge list of scavenger hunt ideas for at home. From outdoor hunts in the neighborhood, to birthday treasure hunts, and finally seasonal hunts with fun rhyming riddle clues, these hunt are great idea for each new holiday. This might quickly become a family tradition.
10. Family Road Trip: Road trips are a great way to create conversation and get to know one another. Play car games, learn a new skill aka map reading, and discover new places.
11. Family Vacation Stay-cation: When a trip out of town in not in the books, stay in town. A staycation is a great way to get to know your city and down.
12. Forts: Take a rainy day and build indoor forts. Using pillows, blankets and your furniture, all activities for the day must be conducted in the family tent. Laughter definitely included!
13. Volunteer: What feels better, to give or to receive? Teach your child the important as well as the benefit of serving in their community, church, school or another organization.
14. Look at Family Photos: So many memories and moments are caught in photographs. In the era of digital photography, it’s not often your child holds a photo in their hands. Look through older photos and tell a story about each.
15. Use Conversation Cards: Include engaging conversation during the evening dinner. Conversation cards are a great way to engage one another and learn about one another deeply.
These ideas are just a few examples. You can add your own to the list or start with a clean late full of family fun that fits your crew.
Family Bonding Activities PDF
To help you get started with some ideas that you can do each month, here are some easy to put together 72 seasonal activities in a printable list. Simply save this PDF to your computer or phone and have it ready for when you need it!
You can print out the Family Bonding Activities and use the extra space to add ideas from each family member. Everyone will love being able to be a part of the planning and you’re all sure to have a great time together!
Free Fun Family Traditions Printable Checklist Download
Add some fun to your busy lives. Download our Free Fun Family Traditions checklist printable. To get yours, Subscribe and look for a link and password in your inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
By downloading you are accepting the copyright terms and permissions that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s).Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print at Staples
Our Pinterest community and I would love to see how this worked out for you. Share your family traditions checklist ideas. Leave a comment here or on Pinterest!
Family Bucket List
If this introductory family bonding list is something your family enjoys, consider take a look at our Huge Family Bucket List Bundle. A family activity checklist for every season you can think of.
Every season, get direction and structure to creating new family traditions and childhood memories. This Year-round Bucket List Bundle includes bucket list ideas for every season – spring, summer, fall and winter. Plus, get seasonal family bucket list ideas for Birthdays, Christmas, Halloween, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, and more. We even snuck in a date night bucket list, to rekindle that flame with the parents. Or get creative with our Bucket List template and fill up to 100 ideas that fit your family.
What you get with purchase:
Enjoy 14 Seasonal Family Bucket Checklists including…
- Bucket List Template PDF Instant Download (up to 100 Bucket List ideas)
- Birthday Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Spring Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Date Night Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Summer Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Disney Bucket List PDF Instant Download (two colors)
- Fourth of July Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Fall Bucket List PDF Instant Download ( + blank bucket list)
- Halloween Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Thanksgiving Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Winter Bucket List PDF Instant Download ( + blank bucket list)
- Fun Jar for Christmas Bucket List PDF Instant Download
- Eighties Summer Bucket List & 80 Playlist
- Bonus: National Parks Hiking Trails Bucket List
This Family Bucket Checklist Digital Download Set includes twenty-two printable pages.
Family Scavenger Hunt Printable Set
One activity your family will want to participate in over and over is a seasonal scavenger hunt. Ideas for winter, spring, summer and fall and of course every holiday – Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween and more!
Take a look at this scavenger hunt bundle for at home activities every season.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on April 12, 2022 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living