Elf on the Shelf Ideas | Elf Rice Krispie Treats
Are you following all of Frugal Coupon Living’s Elf on the Shelf Ideas? We suggest laying all the ingredients out with Elf the night before and then making these fun Elf on the Shelf Rice Krispie Treats with your child.
Here at Frugal Coupon Living, we celebrate Elf on the Shelf for 2 months, the month of November and the month of December all the way through Christmas Eve. We like to share a few weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, when Elf comes, to give you idea and then we like to join you with ideas when the Elf arrives in your home.
Pin Pin Pin, cause you will want to stay up to date on these ideas each season. So many more to come – New ideas every day during the Month of November and December! Be sure to also follow the Elf on the Shelf Pinterest Board for fun ideas from other bloggers too.
We love sharing FREEBIES! Print these FREE Elf Printable Costumes and Notes by entering your email address below. It will arrive in your inbox!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz + 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
You will also need:
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 9 x 13″ Baking Pan
- Ice Cream Cone Cookie Cutter (Hobby Lobby) or on Amazon
- Tubes or cans of red, green, white, and brown icing
- Red Hots
- Candy Eyes
- Place your marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes or until marshmallows start to get puffy.
- Stir your marshmallows and butter then mix in your cereal.
- Grease your baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray and press your cereal mix firmly into the pan.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes or until they start to firm up.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out your ice cream cones or upside down elf heads.
- Turn your shapes pointy side up and draw on two small circles with your white icing on the middle of your Rice Krispies.
- Place a dab of white frosting onto the back of a red hot and onto the Rice Krispie treat under the eyes.
- Now draw on a happy face under the nose with your brown icing.
- Then it’s time to draw on the triangle hats with your green and red icing and use your white icing for the hats fur above the eyes.
- Top the hat off with a red hat and they are all ready to eat!
Enjoy these Homemade Elf Cookies – Pin to Pinterest.
We love our latest, FREE Elf on the Shelf Behavior Chart Cheer-O-Meter. Pin to Pinterest.
Don’t forget all of our daily Elf on the Shelf Ideas. Pin to Pinterest.
Don’t forget WE WANT YOU! We would love to share your ideas too. Send us your easy, creative and Funny Elf on the Shelf Ideas! Pin to Pinterest.
DO NOT MISS these other Elf on the Shelf Posts:
FREE Elf on the Shelf Printable Notes – Pin to Pinterest
FREE Elf on the Shelf Personalized Note – Pin to Pinterest
Mre FREE Elf on the Shelf Printable Notes – Pin to Pinterest
FREE Elf on the Shelf Costumes – Pin to Pinterest
FREE Elf on the Shelf Twister Board – Pin to Pinterest
FREE Elf Postcard – Pin to Pinterest
Easy DIY No Sew Bendable Elf on the Shelf Tutorial – Pin to Pinterest
Prior Elf on the Shelf Ideas – Pin to Pinterest
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Elf on the Shelf is a Christmas Tradition. The tradition has a book and a elf doll. The book is poetic and in rhyme sharing the purpose of the Elf’s visits. The Elf visits each Thanksgiving. He/She goes and returns from the North Pole each evening. Every morning he can be found in a new location in the house. The Elf has been found in the refrigerator, fishing in the toilet, writing messages on the mirror or hanging from the lights. It is VERY IMPORTANT, the Elf is not touch each evening or his Christmas magic will be lost! Each family is able to name their special elf. The elves return to their home (Santa’s North Pole Work shop) every Christmas Eve. An Elf’s Story can also be found on DVD
Online you can find ENDLESS Elf on the Shelf Accessories, Books, Games and Toys.
Be sure to Follow Frugal Coupon Living on Pinterest where there are many Pinterest Elf on the Shelf Ideas.
Find more Seasonal Deals on Frugal Coupon Living.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on July 5, 2021 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
Leave a Reply