Want a fun holiday game with a crowd? Perhaps Jingle Beats at your next gathering? Take a look at this festive guide to hosting the ultimate Christmas Party Game! This Christmas Name that Tune Printable Game brings smiles, laughter, & classic Christmas Songs. Fill your home with some of the Best Christmas Songs for the holiday season!
We will make this short and sweet. We wanted to get our latest printable to you before the Thanksgiving holiday. Because, yes this is all about the Best Christmas tunes, we felt who wouldn’t enjoy playing this with their family and friends after a nice Thanksgiving meal!?
How to Play Name That Tune
Have you wondered how to play Name That Tune? I have played before but it is one of those games that I often ask myself “how do you play?” again. The best thing about this classic family game is that it is easy. It can be adapted to your crowd size and your own rules – just discuss the rules before you begin playing (because you know two people will argue at some point during the game!)
To Play Name that Tune, your group is divided into teams. We find it is best if there are two teams, but you can really have two to however many teams you want. Just make sure everyone has the same number of turns. Cut up your songs from our Christmas Name that Tune Game Printable and place them in an object like bucket (or hat.)
The first player from a team goes up to the bucket and picks a song. They are given a certain amount of time to start humming the tune. (we give everyone a minute.) They can hum the song starting at any point during the song. It does not have to be from the beginning of the song. Many hummers will go straight to the chorus. The remaining players on their team decide the song they are humming and give one answer. With Christmas Name That Tune, you do not want unlimited guesses because there are only so many Christmas songs. Eventually, every song would be named during one team’s guess.
Once that team guessed the correct song, they will receive a point. Then the next team goes repeating what that first team did with a new song drawn from the bucket. If that team does not guess the correct name of the song or goes beyond a minute, a point is NOT earned. If someone picks a song they do not know, they must try to hum or forfeit their team’s turn.
Adaptions include more than a minute to hum the tune or more than one guess. You can decide if hand gestures can occur or props can be used. You can add a timer (like a metronome), a piano, or drumsticks for rhythm. The idea is up to you.
The team with the most points at the end of the list of Christmas music songs wins!
In this guide, we’ll reiterate what we just said but walk you through the simple process of creating and using our printable Christmas song cards, ensuring an unforgettable experience for both kids and adults.
Creating the Game:
- Download and Print: Begin by downloading our free Christmas Name that Tune printable (see below). Print out as many copies as you need.
- Cutting the Deck: With scissors in hand, carefully cut along the designated lines to create individual cards, each featuring a classic Christmas song title. Be sure to shuffle the deck to mix up the holiday hits!
Playing the Game:
- Setting the Stage: Designate a festive space for the game, complete with twinkling lights and seasonal decor. Consider playing some soft holiday tunes in the background to set the mood in between rounds.
- Explaining the Rules: Gather the participants and explain the rules of the game. Each player will take turns drawing a card and, without singing or humming, must describe the song to their teammates, who will then guess the title. Set a time limit for each round to keep the game lively.
- Scoring and Rewards: Determine a point system for correct guesses. To make things interesting, consider assigning bonus points for creativity or incorporating festive gestures into the clues. Have small holiday-themed prizes for the winners, adding an extra layer of excitement.
Tips for an Interactive Experience:
There are plenty of ways to step up your Jingle beats. Take a look at these creative ideas for hosting a Christmas party with a Name That Tune Game.
- Themed Attire: Encourage participants and guests to wear holiday-themed attire, such as Santa hats, reindeer antlers, or elf ears, to add a whimsical touch to the game.
- Carol Karaoke Breaks: Inject some variety by incorporating short carol karaoke breaks between rounds. This not only keeps the energy high but also ensures everyone gets a chance to showcase their vocal talents.
- Create Team Names: Have players come up with creative team names that reflect the festive spirit. This adds a sense of camaraderie and friendly competition to the game.
- Festive Refreshments: Serve holiday snacks and beverages to keep everyone fueled and in good spirits. Gingerbread cookies, hot cocoa, and candy canes are sure to enhance the overall experience.
With our Christmas Name that Tune game and these tips for a spirited gathering, you’re well on your way to hosting a memorable and harmonious celebration.
Best Christmas Songs
Our Christmas Name that Tune Game includes some of the best Christmas Songs. We linked to the songs online if you need a quick listen before you all begin the game. Perhaps create an Amazon Music Playlist and listen to the songs before the game even begins. They can be background music throughout your day!
Amazon Prime Music: Start a free 30-day trial of Amazon Music Unlimited.
Name that Tune Songs
We included 30 Christmas Name That Tune Songs in our game. You can stream the following songs or purchase them and add them to a playlist. We went with various top artists but you can change the singer if you would like.
My favorite Christmas CD is The Time-Life Treasury of Christmas. It includes most of these songs.
Everyone will have so much fun trying to describe this list of songs without using lyrics.
So, let the jingle beats and holiday melodies fill the air, and may your Christmas party be the talk of the town!
Name that Tune Printable
Welcome to the musical merriment of the holiday season! If you’re looking to add a dash of fun and cheer to your Christmas party or family game night, our Christmas Name that Tune game is just what you need.
Get all of our free printables including this Name that Tune Printable. Subscribe and look for a link and password in our inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
By downloading you are accepting the terms that this is for personal use, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). It takes time, effort and money to put the freebies forth and I earn when you visit. Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print at Staples
More Christmas Fun
Elevate your Christmas party hosting game with a curated collection of 11 festive and fun Christmas games! Simply download and print this delightful set to ensure a memorable gathering filled with laughter and merriment. Your guests will thank you for the extra touch of holiday cheer!
Discover even more game-time fun with our lineup that extends beyond the ones mentioned, including a bunch of amily Approved Minute to Win It Games. Get ready to laugh, cheer, and celebrate your way through an unforgettable time!
Start making memories with your family by embracing over 25 delightful Christmas traditions! It’s time to create lasting moments that will become cherished highlights of your holiday celebrations.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Holiday, Group, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next birthday party.