Make your own Zoo Animals Fingerprint Art with these step by step directions. Lions, Tigers, Snakes, Monkeys, and Giraffe step by step thumbprint art tutorials.
Zoo Animals Fingerprint Art for Kids
We have the cutest tutorial for you, Zoo Animals Fingerprint Art. This is a perfect rainy day activity for the littles. We included a tutorial for giraffes, lions, monkeys, snakes and tigers. Once you get the hang of these five zoo animals, you can likely create your own animals mimicking these easy tutorials – bears, skunks, elephants and more.
Enjoy your work of art!
- Stamp Pads in Various Colors
- Ultra Fine Sharpie Markers (also Watercolor Brush Makers will look nice)
- Sketch Pad or White Paper (White Cardstock is a nice option)
- Make a horizontal (sideways) orange thumbprint. This will be the giraffe’s body/belly.
- Above it, make a second thumbprint, slightly pointing down. This is the giraffe’s head.
- Connect the two with two long lines to form a neck with an orange sharpie marker.
- Add four long orange rectangle legs.
- Make a simple line for the tail at the end of the body.
- On top of the head, make two pointy ears.
- On either side of the ears, make the giraffe’s ossicones. These are the horns on top of the giraffe’s head.
- Add a little hair down the giraffe’s neck and on top of the head.
- Color in a bit of hair on the end of the giraffe’s tail.
- Make a smiling face for your giraffe!
- Cover your giraffe in brown spots.
- Using a gray marker, make hooves at the end of each foot with a simple rectangle shape.
- Start with a horizontal thumbprint. This is your lion’s body.
- Make a second horizontal thumbprint right above the first. This is his head.
- Using an orange sharpie, make two round ears on the top of the head, 4 legs and feet and a long skinny tail.
- Using a brown sharpie, draw a mane around the lion’s head. Add a bit of fluff to the end of the tail.
- Make your lion’s face with two eyes, a heart shaped nose, whiskers, and a mouth.
- Color in the mane.
- Make a horizontal thumbprint. This is your monkey’s body.
- Make a vertical (up and down) thumbprint above, to the side, slightly off the body. This is the monkey’s head.
- Make a third thumbprint, horizontally, over the monkey’s head, connecting the body and head together. This completes the monkey’s face.
- Using a brown Sharpie, add two round ears on top of the head. Also draw a long curly tail at the end of the body and four legs.
- On the top part of the monkey’s head draw two eyes. On the horizontal part of the head, draw his/her two nostrils and a big smile.
- At the end of each leg draw his feet.
- Choose your colors of ink.
- Make a horizontal thumbprint in the first color.
- Behind that, using your pointer finger, use a different color ink to make a vertical fingerprint.
- Then, go back to making a horizontal thumbprint.
- Alternate between thumb and finger prints until your snake is the desired length.
- Make an eye and a smile. Draw out a long pink tongue.
- Begin with a horizontal (sideways) orange thumbprint. This is the tiger’s body.
- Make a second horizontal thumbprint above and off center of the first. This is the tiger’s head.
- Draw 2 pointy ears on top and four legs.
- Draw a long tail at the end.
- Make ‘V’ shapes on the tiger’s face, back and tail for his/her stripes.
- Finish your tiger with the face! Two eyes, a heart nose, whiskers and a mouth.
HOT DEALS: Looking for what’s trending? Check out our Fashion Deals and Online Shopping Deals on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other Daily Deals for FREE in your inbox.