STRAWBERRY GLAZED DOUGHNUTS
We are loving these Glazed Strawberry Baked Donuts on Frugal Coupon Living. They are a perfect treat and go great with Ice Cream! This is an easy bake at home recipe and best of all you don’t have to feel guilty because these desserts are baked, not fried! You will need a donut pan for this recipe. This recipe makes around 12 doughnuts!
- 2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice or White Vinegar
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- 3/4 cup chopped Strawberries
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Preserves
- 1/4 cup chopped Strawberries
- Add lemon juice to milk (buttermilk substitute).
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray Donut pan
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Fold in 1/2 cup strawberries.
- Fill each ring about 2/3 but make sure it doesn’t top center hole.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until tops rebound when pressed.
- Leave donut in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- In a small bowl just big enough to dip donuts, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip top of donut in glaze.
- Hold above bowl allowing excess to drip off.
- Place donut on wax paper or return to cooling rack.
- Wait for glaze to set.
- In another bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tablespoon milk and strawberry preserves and mix well.
- Gently spoon red glaze over the white glaze.
Check out what Bella did on Instagram. We love how she added the extra Lemon and Lemon Zest!
Be sure to follow FCLAsh on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Outdoor, Water, Back to School, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next birthday party.
Last Updated on December 17, 2018 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living