How fun is this Altoid Tin Craft? We created a Tic Tac Toe Travel Game using an upcycled Altoids Tin Box.
Altoid Tin Craft – Tic Tac Toe Travel Game
Are we there yet?! Familiar with the tune of this common question? We put together a cute DIY Altoids Tin Game you can make with your child. Not only is this a great rainy day activity for the kids, it could result in some bought time on your next car ride and help you avoid the age old question – Are we there yet?!
Using supplies you likely have around the home – card stock, washi tape, buttons, glue and magnets, create your own DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Travel Game! This is a very simple craft and requires a little supervision from an adult. It oculd be a fun DIY gift to give a friend. Pair with some other Travel Game Ideas and make a Road Trip Bucket as a birthday present.
Are you the one traveling? You will want to check out these posts as well!
- Airplane Bingo Printable (or Tic-Tac-Toe)
- Road Trip Bingo Printable (or Tic-Tac-Toe)
- Airplane Activities for Kids
- Road Trip Hacks and Tips
Tic Tac Toe Travel Game
- Altoids tin
- Colorful cardstock
- Colorful buttons (at least two colors)
- Small magnets
- 1/4” washi tape
- E6000 glue
- Glue stick
- Trace the bottom of your Altoids container on two different colorful cardstock sheets. ( We did a solid for the bottom and a colorful pattern for the top).
- Cut out your traced Altoids container card stock paper.
- Use your washi tape to make a tic tac toe pattern onto the solid sheet.
- Glue the colorful pattern to the inside top of the Altoids tin and the solid color to the bottom with your glue stick.
- Carefully glue one magnet to the bottom of each button until you have 2 sets of the same 5 color button magnets.
- Let your magnets dry overnight.
- Store your magnets in the tin, they will stick to the inside top or bottom for a great travel tic tac toe game.
*Keep magnets away from small children, always supervise while usingHow fun is this Altoid Tin Craft? DIY tutorial on a Tic Tac Toe Travel Game using an upcycled Altoids Tin Box. #FrugalCouponLiving #travel #tictactoe
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Holiday, Group, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next birthday party.