Gameday Whiskey & BBQ Meatballs Recipe
Pin to Pinterest
I have another fantastic appetizer for you to add to the menu of delicious finger foods at your next football gathering. These Whiskey and BBQ Meatballs are a perfect addition to your Superbowl party. Throw everything in the crock pot 5 hours before kick off and go do other things while the flavor settles. I love an easy meal!
Making your own barbecue sauce from scratch really imparts a unique taste and makes frozen store bought meatballs seem like homemade. If you love sweet southern bar-b-q sauces then this appetizer will definitely make it onto your entertaining menu again and again. Use your favorite whiskey to make your meatballs. This recipe makes 2 lbs of meatballs but could easily be doubled or tripled for a bigger batch. Bring them to parties, showers, tailgating events, potlucks, or any other event where there’s a crowd and you want to bring the best meat on the table.
- 2 lbs. frozen meatballs
- ½ cup Whiskey
- 1 ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- Place frozen meatballs in crock pot and cover with ingredients. Stir well.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, stirring occasionally. At the 5 hour mark turn crock pot to warm so they are not too overcooked.
Helpful tip: Provide cups of toothpicks or plastic serving spears throughout your food table to make eating finger foods easier on your guests.
Don’t forget these other Football Gameday Appetizers:
- Filet Mignon Bites with Bernaise Sauce – Pin it to Pinterest
- Kickin’ Queso Dip RecipeKickin’ Queso Dip Recipe – Pin it to Pinterest
- Tater Skins Recipe – Pin it to Pinterest
- Sweet N’ Sassy Buffalo Wings Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Fifty Yard Line Guacamole Dip Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Brownie Footballs Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Coffee-Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on January 29, 2014 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living