Gameday Whiskey & BBQ Meatballs Recipe
Pin to Pinterest
I have another fantastic appetizer for you to add to the menu of delicious finger foods at your next football gathering. These Whiskey and BBQ Meatballs are a perfect addition to your Superbowl party. Throw everything in the crock pot 5 hours before kick off and go do other things while the flavor settles. I love an easy meal!
Making your own barbecue sauce from scratch really imparts a unique taste and makes frozen store bought meatballs seem like homemade. If you love sweet southern bar-b-q sauces then this appetizer will definitely make it onto your entertaining menu again and again. Use your favorite whiskey to make your meatballs. This recipe makes 2 lbs of meatballs but could easily be doubled or tripled for a bigger batch. Bring them to parties, showers, tailgating events, potlucks, or any other event where there’s a crowd and you want to bring the best meat on the table.
- 2 lbs. frozen meatballs
- ½ cup Whiskey
- 1 ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- Place frozen meatballs in crock pot and cover with ingredients. Stir well.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours, stirring occasionally. At the 5 hour mark turn crock pot to warm so they are not too overcooked.
Helpful tip: Provide cups of toothpicks or plastic serving spears throughout your food table to make eating finger foods easier on your guests.
Don’t forget these other Football Gameday Appetizers:
- Filet Mignon Bites with Bernaise Sauce – Pin it to Pinterest
- Kickin’ Queso Dip RecipeKickin’ Queso Dip Recipe – Pin it to Pinterest
- Tater Skins Recipe – Pin it to Pinterest
- Sweet N’ Sassy Buffalo Wings Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Fifty Yard Line Guacamole Dip Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Brownie Footballs Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Coffee-Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Enjoy these NO BUMMER SUMMER BOREDOM BUSTERS FOR KIDS.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.