Heavenly Salted Caramel Apple Spread
Pin to Pinterest
If you are looking for a heavenly dessert, look no further than this Salted Caramel Apple Spread. This makes a great side dish on the dessert tables and serves well with pretzels, cookies, crackers or is delicious with nuts and fruit. Everyone will be asking you for the recipe! Don’t forget our other Salted Caramel Recipe. This one comes with a FREE Gift Tag!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Place cream cheese in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Slice frozen cream cheese to make two layers and return to freezer.
- Line bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the paper with non-stick spray.
- Cut up butter into slices and combine with cream and microwave 1-2 minutes until butter is melted.
- In the medium to large saucepan, combine the sugar and water.
- Stir just until the sugar is moistened and uniform, being careful not to splash sugar on sides.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover with a lid for 1 minute (this helps wash any sugar on sides back in).
- Remove lid and do not stir the after this point.
- Place the pot with the sugar mixture over medium to medium-high heat.
- Let the sugar syrup come to a boil without stirring.
- Cook until mixture reaches 320, the syrup will begin to darken slightly.
- Turn off the heat and slowly add the warm cream and butter mixture a little at a time while gently whisking (will bubble violently).
- Turn burner back on to medium-high.
- Let the caramel come to a boil and reach 240 without stirring.
- Remove from heat add sea salt and whisk until mixture cools to 150.
- Place one layer of frozen cream cheese in center of pan.
- Pour caramel to completely coat layer.
- Place secaon layer on top of first and poor caramel to coat top layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to quickly cool caramel then transfer to refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Transfer to platter before serving.
Also look at these Christmas and Holiday Recipes
- Easy Microwave Pralines – Pin to Pinterest
- Melted Snowman Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Santa Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- Reindeer Chocolate Candy Canes – Pin to Pinterest
- Mani-Pedi in a Jar with Printable Gift Tag – Pin to Pinterest
- Reindeer Gingerbread Men Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- S’mores Gift Bag with FREE Printable Gift Tag – Pin to Pinterest
- Gingerbread Truffles – Pin to Pinterest
- Chocolate Pretzel Christmas Trees – Pin to Pinterest
- Santa Meringues – Pin to Pinterest
- Perppermint Dip – Pin to Pinterest
- Eggnog Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Buckeyes Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- IBC Root Beer Reindeer – Pin to Pinterest
- Snowmen Milk Bottles – Pin to Pinterest
- Chocolate Cherry Mice – Pin to Pinterest
- Santa Hat Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- Gingerbread Men Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Peppermint Snowmen Sticks – Pin to Pinterest
- Mashmallow Rice Krispie Treat Snowmen – Pin to Pinterest
- Peppermimt Fudge – Pin to Pinterest
- Salted Caramel Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Chocolate Covered Cherries Cordial Cupcakes – Pin to Pinterest
- ROLO Pretzel Pecan Turtle – Pin to Pinterest
Follow all Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living as well as FCLAsh on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Take your kids on a HALLOWEEN SCAVENGER HUNT for candy or fun non-spooky goodies.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.