Hosting a glow party? Going in the outdoors and need a kids lantern? This glow-in-the-dark rainbow lantern craft has easy step by step instructions to make a camping lantern for the kids with glow sticks. Also an adorable craft for glow party lighting!
Easy Glow in the Dark Rainbow Lantern Craft
Has anyone else been on full speed since the last school bell rang this summer? This house of seven has been very busy. We have hit every museum, gone to numerous pools, stayed up late catching fire flies, chased splash pads around the city, and watched all the movies we can handle. While the creativity this mamma has had has been pretty top notch, I must admit, I am frequently referring back to the calendar counting down the days until the first school bell rings… can anyone else hear that faint sound?
If you are trying to fill the gaps between the last bell and first bell or whether you are still winning at checking off the summer bucket list, both sides of the mom camp will enjoy this creative and VERY EASY Rainbow Lantern Craft. Pull out the remainder glow sticks you didn’t use over the Fourth of July, grab your excess mason jars, and pick up these affordable mason jar wire hangers. You can go camping in the great outdoors or you can avoid the misquotes and make it something special for the kids to read their book by at night (in their bedroom, in the AC, while you sip wine in the other room!)
You are still winning mom! You got this. Happy rest of the summer break!
- When you are ready to enjoy your lantern, “crack” each glow stick down it’s entire length to that the light is activated.
- One at a time form each glow stick into a bracelet shape and push the glow stick down into the mason jar so it hugs the jar from the inside.
- Repeat step 2 until all 8 glow sticks are inside your jar hugging the inside. If your jar is taller, add more glow sticks until your desire length is reached.
- Screw your lids back on and place the mason jar wire handle around the rod and lock in place.
- Use to light up a walkway, a tent, a bedroom, back yard or many more ideas! We love this for a glow party!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get inspired this Spring with Dollar Store Easter Decor.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.