Pin to Pinterest
Looking for a fun and easy food craft for the kids – this one is low budget, you likley have most (if not all) the ingredients and it is sure to please. Check out these Snowman Pretzels below!
- 24 Pretzel Rings
- 1 cup White Candy Melting Chips
- 3-4 Fruit Roll-Ups
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Melting CHips or Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Orange Starbursts
- Cut Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4″ x 3/4″)
- Cut each of those in half, creating 6 – 1/4″ x 3/8″ rectangles.
- Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for noses.
- Unroll Fruit Rollup and cut into 1/2″ strips to use as scarves.
- Line cookie sheet wih wax paper.
- Heat White Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Transfer to corner of zippered bag and clip tiny piece off of corner to pipe.
- Lay scarf on prepared sheet and pipe a small dot of candy in the middle.
- Place 2 rings so they are just touching at that spot as pictured.
- Pipe additional candy on top to better secure them.
- Fill the inside of each ring with white candy.
- Place nose in upper ring.
- If you are using mini chocolate chips for eyes mouth and buttons you need to place them at this time before candy sets. If you are using melting chips you will pipe these on after the white sets.
- Fold scarf over to hide the joint.
- If you are using dark melting chips, heat them by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Transfer to corner of zippered bag and clip tiny piece off of corner. Pipe eyes, mouth and buttons.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow candy to set.
Click below for more Kids Food Crafts and Recipes
- Melted Snowmen Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Easy Microwave Pralines – Pin to Pinterest
- Perppermint Dip – Pin to Pinterest
- Peppermint Fudge Made in the Microwave – Pin to Pinterest
- Copycat Reese’s Cups – Pin to Pinterest
Follow all Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living as well as FCLAsh on Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on January 1, 2015 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living