If you’re ready to do something fun at your local park, then you’ll love this Park Scavenger Hunt. This printable playground scavenger hunt set includes a checklist for small children and riddled clue cards for big kids!
Are you ready for an outdoor adventure? Outdoor play is important. It’s a location for creativity. Playing outside gives your child the chance to explore the natural environment. Opposite of the couch, outdoor air can even boost one’s mood and energy levels. It’s time to put down the game controller and get out of the house these this fun scavenger hunts for kids.
For this adventure, put your detective skills to the test with your very own park scavenger hunt! Get creative and explore nature by seeking out plants, animals, equipment, and other items as you journey throughout your local playground. With this park activity printable set, you can make a game out of your exploration.
Let’s get started.
Outdoor Scavenger Hunt at the Park
Parks consist of slides, benches, and climbing equipment. Kids’ activities at the park tend to remain the same. It’s time to take your visit outside the box and enjoy time at the park with a great activity to make it even more fun – we promise. With this awesome park scavenger hunt PDF, there are two different games that will meet the needs of multiple ages. The activity worksheet comes in two sets, one for older kids and one for younger kids. This is great because no matter if you’re a mom of many, a mom of littles, a classroom teacher, or just someone trying to put together some fun for kids at the playground, you have choices.
Playground Scavenger Hunt Checklist
First is the checklist scavenger hunt for the park. What does this playground scavenger hunt checklist mean? This means that the smaller kids can look at the pictures and find certain items at the park. This opens the door to their curiosity as they take a nature walk scavenger hunt. It’s also good for emerging readers. In addition to the pictures, words are written for young kids to sound out.
The list of items on the scavenger hunt checklist includes…
- Garbage Can
- Picnic Table
- Basketball Hoop
- Largest Tree
- Type of Wheel
- Climbing Bars
- Something Orange
Once you find the item, circle it, check it, or give it a big x.
For parents who want to take this a step further. Easily expand this park scavenger hunt list to become a photo scavenger hunt. That means the seekers cannot check things off the list until they take a photo of the item on the playground! This can be done by pairing younger kids with older kids. Teens can walk with their little buddies and complete photo challenges on a smart phone or camera.
Playground Scavenger Hunt Clues with Rhyming Riddles
Second, 20 fun outdoor scavenger hunt riddles for kids. For the bigger kids in your life, they are also going to love having a scavenger hunt to do at the park, as well. Park scavenger hunt ideas are fun for big kids because they enjoy riddles and clues just as much as the smaller kids.
Example outdoor scavenger hunt cards include…
Outdoor Clue 1: I am found at the beach but also here. You will need to dig for your clue to appear.
Outdoor Clue 2: Near the house where the unwanted goes. Look for a clue while you hold your nose.
Outdoor Clue 3: Everyone loves my set that dangles by a chain. When you sit on me, it’s height you’ll gain.
Don’t worry, riddle scavenger hunt answers are included in the set.
Not too challenging, eh? Well if this is a teen scavenger hunt, they might roll their eyes at the lack of excitement. That’s okay, you’ve read this blog post which makes you ready to take it to the next level. Make this treasure hunt more challenging by making it a timed scavenger hunt – man versus the clock. You can do this by giving everyone the same first clue but mix around the remaining clues so each person has a different order of clues. This creates an interactive scavenger hunt with players criss-corssing each other. As you play, no one is truly sure who is in the lead.
Or, just like the option of the scavenger hunt list, you can easily make this photo scavenger hunt. A photo of the clue at each location must be photographed before you can claim victory.
The first to finish is the winner. This gives the scavenger hunting champion the ultimate bragging rights! Whichever hunt you choose, both are a fun way to get your kids off the game system and breathe in a bit of fresh air. They will have a blast on this fun adventure.
Why do kids of all ages love scavenger hunts?
- Scavenger hunts are a great way for kids to explore their environment and learn about plants, animals, and other elements of nature.
- They encourage problem-solving skills and stimulate creative thinking.
- Kids will practice map reading and orienteering as they search for clues along the way.
- It helps build physical strength, endurance, and agility while they use all of their senses to locate items in the outdoors.
- It can be a great opportunity to foster teamwork by having kids work together in small groups when looking for items on their list.
- Scavenger hunts help develop good coordination and balance as they traverse through different terrains during the activity.
- Kids of all ages can bond with family or friends over this enjoyable game that is sure to create lasting memories!
- They can be competitive and full of good fun. A little competition never hurt anyone.
- Outdoor hunts can boost one’s mood and energy levels.
Quick Guide to Setting up Park Scavenger Hunt
Planning a scavenger hunt at the park is a fun and easy activity that can be enjoyed by kids of all ages.
To get started, here are some simple steps to follow for both park scavenger hunt ideas:
- Choose a location – Select an area in the park that offers different types of terrain and plenty of greenery to explore.
- Collect your materials – Gather items such as paper, pencil, containers, stopwatch or bags for the hunt. All players should also have a map or list with instructions for finding items in the park.
- Print out the list and share it – The great thing about doing a scavenger hunt with big or little kids is that this printable has 2 sets, one for each age group.
- Set up your hunt – Define the rules of the game and designate an area covered for each player. Included in this set are “do not touch signs” so that other people don’t mess with all of your hard work.
- Walk through the hunt – Test out the clues and see if all the items can be found at your location. If not, cross out the items or leave out that specific clue card.
- Start searching – Use your sense of direction to locate the items on your list and mark them off when found!
What’s your favorite part of this park scavenger hunt printable? I can’t wait to see and hear how much fun you have with this game!
Park Scavenger Hunt Printable
A scavenger hunt offers children a chance to get exercise and experience nature. Enjoy an age-appropriate park scavenger hunt for a playground or outdoor environment.
So which is your favorite activity for kids? What scavenger hunt is perfect for your group of kids? Whichever you choose, it’s time to grab the printable Park Scavenger Hunt PDF.
What’s included in this park scavenger hunt list?
- 16 Playground Scavenger Hunt Checklist PDF Instant Download
- 20 Playground Scavenger Hunt Clue Cards with Rhyming Riddles to Solve PDF Instant Download
- Scavenger Hunt Riddles Answer Key
This non-editable PDF document includes seven printable pages including a permission page for printing at your copy center.
Ready to play?
Not ready to purchase? Download free printables. in the free printable library. This includes organizational resources, party planners, free printable game worksheets, and more. Subscribe and look for a link and password in your inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
By downloading digital downloads you are accepting the copyright-terms and permissions that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s).Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print at Staples
More Fun Outdoor Activities for Kids
Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall – whichever the season, the outdoors can bring a lot of excitement and fun. Getting outside on a hike, or simple outdoor play can not only have health benefits but the setting can pull you away from the norm – sitting on the couch and getting entertainment off an electronic. Additionally, do you have a small group? Well, the great outdoors is the perfect place for creating great team building activities.
Let’s start with a few games and favorite activities that are perfect for an outdoor adventure.
From 60-second challenges and outdoor hunts, to games that are perfect for parties, take a look at some of these epic outdoor activities.
- Outdoor Group Games
- Minute to Win it Water Games
- Outdoor Minute to Win it Games
- Outdoor Treasure Hunt
- Pool Games
- Camping Games
The fun activities don’t end with these printable activities. Also, take a look at some of these outdoor games that are not photographed like…
Speaking of fun, did the sky just drop a bunch of frozen white stuff? Take a look at these fun outdoor ideas with snow. While these snow activities are perfect for kids, let’s be real – adults will enjoy them too. Like, have you tried out this DIY Igloo idea? Yes, a real igloo. Pin to Pinterest.
Our Pinterest community and I would love to see how this worked out for you. Share your printable ideas for a playground or park.
Which activity did your family/friends do? Did you add to it and extend the adventure with additional ideas? Leave a comment here or on Pinterest!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Holiday, Group, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next birthday party.