Gameday Kickin’ Queso Dip Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
“Are you ready for some football?” Because I sure am! If you are gearing up for the big game and perhaps hosting your own party you will want to check back everyday this week for some awesome recipes. Every day for the next 7 days I will be posting a recipe to help you with planning your menu, tasty party favorites with a flavor twist. You will find dips, appetizers, and even a couple of dessert items for the sweet tooth to include in your big spread.
Today check out a dip that makes an appearance at every party we have – birthdays, holidays, and yes of course football parties. It is simple to make and is usually half gone before I can even get it out of the pan into a serving bowl. It is thick, and hearty, and a bit spicy but even the kids love it. I guarantee once you make it, it will be requested at every party and you forever be know as “The Queso Lady” and be required to show that you have made it before you are allowed to enter the party.
Be sure and serve this with a big bowl of thick chips, this isn’t a sissy dip and may break a lesser chip with its brute strength. If by some odd chance you have any leftover or if you want to make it in advance it reheats beautifully.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. Mild roll sausage ( I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1-16 oz. package Velveeta
- ¾ can Rotel with Green Chiles
- 1-15 oz. Salsa Con Queso
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat brown sausage and ground beef until thoroughly cooked.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Chop Velveeta into squares about 2×2” and add to meat in pan.
- Stir in Rotel, Salsa Con Queso, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, and stir frequently until all cheeses have melted and until warmed throughout.
- Serve with a hearty tortilla chip.
Don’t forget these other Football Gameday Appetizers:
- Filet Mignon Bites with Bernaise Sauce – Pin it to Pinterest
- Tater Skins Recipe – Pin it to Pinterest
- Whiskey & BBQ Meatballs Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Sweet N’ Sassy Buffalo Wings Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Fifty Yard Line Guacamole Dip Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Brownie Footballs Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Coffee-Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on January 4, 2014 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
love queso! and this looks so good! I am ready to serve this at my next football gathering :-)
Miz Helen says
Your Kickin Quesco Dip is awesome, we just love it! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
Sarah MSM says
Thanks for linking up with us at our Weekend Wind-Down Party! This dip looks awesome!
Antionette Blake says
We are kind of disappointed again this season – #Eagles but my guys are still watching a little football so I may need to try one of your recipes – thanks for sharing. Thank you also for linking up with us at the #WWDParty, I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Barb @ A Life in Balance says
Thanks for linking up to Motivation Monday. Your post is being featured at this week’s party.