Gingerbread Popcorn Balls Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Ready for the holiday season, looking for something fun and frugal to gift your friends and family. Pay attention to the Series 4 Days of 4 Popcorn Recipes!
Don’t forget our favorite Pumpkin Spiced Popcorn Balls with FREE printable Gift Tag.
These adorable and delicious gingerbread flavored popcorn balls are a terrific way to shuffle in the holiday season I don’t think there is a flavor that tastes more like Christmas than gingerbread! Create a great twist on a traditional favorite,the popcorn ball, by adding in gingerbread flavor. These would be a wonderful treat while watching Christmas movies curled up on the couch in Christmas PJ’s. Tuck a few into your mailbox for the mailman or drop some off to a neighbor with a little note!
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 12 tbps. Or 1 ¼ cups butter
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp.cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- Pop your popcorn on the stove, in an air popper or in the microwave.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat,combine; brown sugar, molasses, butter, corn syrup, ginger, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda-mixture will fizz up quite a bit, this is normal.
- Pour gingerbread mixture over popcorn in the bowl, stirring very well to coat all the popcorn.
- Allow popcorn to cool just where you are able to handle it.
- Rub your hands thoroughly with butter, and scoop up popcorn and form into balls about he size of baseballs.
- Allow to set, wrap in plastic cling wrap, or place in an airtight container.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Take your kids on a HALLOWEEN SCAVENGER HUNT for candy or fun non-spooky goodies.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.