Gingerbread Men Cookies Recipe
Pin to Pinterest
With a touch of cinnamon, a bit of ginger and the best part of all Butterscotch Budding, enjoy this fun gingerbread recipe for you and the kids. Spread the yumminess of home-made vanilla icing and you have a treat sure to please.
- 1 package Butterscotch Pudding (cook and serve)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butterscotch pudding mix, butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill dough for about an hour until firm.
- Divide mixture in half, place one half Wrapped back in refrigerator.
- Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Flour work area and rolling pin and roll out dough to 1/8″ thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutter and remove scraps.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets using spatula. Leave several inches between cookies.
- Reroll scrap dough and cut remaining cookies.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Transfer icing to pastry bag.
- Pipe the line pattern on cookies.
- Wait at least several hours for icing to set.
Wilton has a great selection of Gingerbread Cookie Cutters. Grab Single Cutter with Comfort Grip for $5.47 or a Family of Four Set for $6.64. I find the Fred ABC (already been eaten) Gingerbread Cookie Cutter Set of 3 comical for only $10.25 – adorable!
Also check out the round-up of Ginger Bread Houses – complete list of kits, tools, and decorations.
Gingerbread Men Cookies Recipe? Check out these others:
- Peppermint Snowmen Sticks
- Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
- Doughnut Snowmen Milk Bottles Recipe
- Santa Hat Cupcakes Made from Ice Cream Cones
- Chocolate Cordial Cupcakes Recipe
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
Find more Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living and be sure to follow FCLAsh on Pinterest where there are dozens of ideas I have pinned for you!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on November 15, 2014 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
Michelle@ Moms Are Frugal says
I have been wanting to make gingebread men and have never found a good recipe. I am going to try this one!
Miz Helen says
Good Morning Ashley,
Your Gingerbread Men Cookies are just adorable, I would love them. Hope you are staying warm and cozy in this cold weather and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!