Gingerbread Men Cookies Recipe
Pin to Pinterest
With a touch of cinnamon, a bit of ginger and the best part of all Butterscotch Budding, enjoy this fun gingerbread recipe for you and the kids. Spread the yumminess of home-made vanilla icing and you have a treat sure to please.
- 1 package Butterscotch Pudding (cook and serve)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butterscotch pudding mix, butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill dough for about an hour until firm.
- Divide mixture in half, place one half Wrapped back in refrigerator.
- Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Flour work area and rolling pin and roll out dough to 1/8″ thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutter and remove scraps.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets using spatula. Leave several inches between cookies.
- Reroll scrap dough and cut remaining cookies.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Transfer icing to pastry bag.
- Pipe the line pattern on cookies.
- Wait at least several hours for icing to set.
Wilton has a great selection of Gingerbread Cookie Cutters. Grab Single Cutter with Comfort Grip for $5.47 or a Family of Four Set for $6.64. I find the Fred ABC (already been eaten) Gingerbread Cookie Cutter Set of 3 comical for only $10.25 – adorable!
Also check out the round-up of Ginger Bread Houses – complete list of kits, tools, and decorations.
Gingerbread Men Cookies Recipe? Check out these others:
- Peppermint Snowmen Sticks
- Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Cherry Chocolate Cupcakes
- Doughnut Snowmen Milk Bottles Recipe
- Santa Hat Cupcakes Made from Ice Cream Cones
- Chocolate Cordial Cupcakes Recipe
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
Find more Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living and be sure to follow FCLAsh on Pinterest where there are dozens of ideas I have pinned for you!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get inspired this Spring with Dollar Store Easter Decor.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.