You’re a Great Catch! Easy to make fish Dollar Store Valentine with free printable. Made with everyone’s favorite Goldfish and Mike and Ike Candy.
Fish Dollar Store Valentine
We have given you a number of free Printables for Valentine’s Day including our favorite Hooked On You Bag Topper. We decided to go the fish direction again with this You’re a Great Catch Fish Dollar Store Valentine Craft. Grab all your supplies at the Dollar Store and make these cute valentines for your friends. You can use the printable for other things if this isn’t your cup of tea. We personally love these adorable Goldfish toys – how cute are those? Tie the printable with a Curling Ribbon as if the fish were hooked!
You’re a Great Catch Valentine Supplies:
- 1 package of Goldfish Snack Crackers (we chose a package of rainbow colors)
- 4 Sandwich Bags, fold-top
- 1 Box Mike and Ike Candy
- 4 Wooden Clothespins
- 2 Blue Pipe Cleaners
- 4 Tiny Rubber bands
- 4 Googly Eyes, self-stick
- 4 Small Sheets Foam, any colors
- Hot Glue Gun
- Black Permanent Marker
- Curling Ribbon
- You’re A Great Catch Printable (see below)
You’re a Great Catch Valentine Directions:
First you will make your fish hooks. Cut the pipe cleaners in half and shape each one into a fish hook. Hot glue each one onto a clothespin.
Then, separate the goldfish by color, you should have 4 different colored piles. If you went with all orange Goldfish, you can skip this step.
Take one color of fish and put them into a baggie, push them towards the front side. Take a small amount of the candy and put them into the baggie towards the back corner. Take the small rubber band and tie it around the baggie so the goldfish and candy are separated. The goldfish are the fish body and the candy end is the tail. Repeat this step with the other 3 colors of goldfish.
Wrap the excess baggie top around the rubber band and clip a clothespin over it to hold it. It should look like a little fish with a fish hook on it.
Next, cut out 8 different color foam pieces for the fins. You’ll need 2 pieces for each fish. Have one fin be a little larger than the other and glue together to create one multi-color fin. Then hot glue each fin on towards the bottom of the fish.
Place 1 eye at the front end of the fish and draw on a smile with your marker.
While your eyes dry, print out You’re A Great Catch Printable (see below). Attach to the bag between the paperclip hook or tie on with ribbon.
Enjoy these fun little snack bags!
Get this Great Catch Valentine and all of Frugal Coupon Living’s Free Printables. Enter your name and email address and we will send you a link and password for access to your free downloads.
By downloading you are accepting the terms that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s). It takes time, effort and money to put the freebies forth and I earn when you visit. Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
I like to order my prints at Staples. It saves on ink and is only a few short miles from my home. I pick-up at the store, but of course you can upload them online and then have them shipped to your home.Free You're a Great Catch Printable and adorable Dollar Store Valentine Craft with Goldfish and Mike and Ike Candy. #FrugalCouponLiving #Valentines #printable
To Order Your Printables at Staples*:
- Download and save your image from this post. (Please note these images are for personal use only and cannot be sold or used for commercial use.)
- Sign in or create a Staples account on their print service page.
- Return to Staples print service page.
- Go to Start Project.
- Go to Documents Printing.
- Select the Buy Now Button under color.
- On the left column, select your file.
- Select upload.
- Select done.
- Give your job a name.
- Make sure your project is single sided. The orientation should be portrait.
- I changed my media to 8.5×10 and the media to 67 lb coverstock (I prefer a cardstock feel over printer paper feel.)
- Select add to cart.
- Proceed to checkout. My total was $0.17 for one print. You can choose to ship to your home or to pick up at your local store. Pay online and show your invoice when you pick up (I just show the order number on my phone at pick-up.) The order invoice will arrive in your email inbox.
*Note: these Staple print service steps were added in Winter 2019 The directions may change as the website changes. They should give you a general outline of how to upload and order a print on Staples.com.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get Organized for a New Year!.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.