Filet Mignon Bites with Bernaise Sauce Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Delicious appetizer to share with friends, or a yummy finger-food entree to share with the family (serve dinner with a toothpick!) Good Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon and add with a delicious Bernaise Sauce Recipe – mixed butter, egg,white wine vinegar and flavored with herbs.
- 1/2 Onion finely diced
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 1 tsp Chervil
- 3 tbsp White Wine
- 3 lb Beef Tenderloin
- 1 lb Bacon
- Finely chop the onion so that the taste doesn’t overpower the sauce.
- Cook the chopped onion for 1 minute in the microwave to soften.
- Place the egg yolks in a saucepan and add lemon juice. Stir until the mixture is blended.
- Add the first stick of butter sliced into pats and cook over very low heat stirring constantly until melted.
- Add the second stick in the same fashion continuing to stir constantly.
- This process will take awhile because we want the egg butter mixture to cook together.
- If the heat is too high or you don’t stir enough, the eggs will begin to cook on their own and the sauce will “break”. You’ll know if/when this happens because you’ll see lumps or curdles forming in your sauce.
- Slowly your sauce will begin to thicken and reach the point where it begins to look like a thin pudding. You’ll see the line the spoon left after you drag it across the bottom.
- Take the sauce off the heat, add the onions, tarragon and chervil. Mix well.
- Add the wine (if you don’t have wine, you can substitute 2 tsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp water) and blend well.
- Cut the tenderloin into 1″ cubes.
- Take the bacon slices and cut each piece in thirds.
- Wrap each filet bite in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat a heavy skillet on high and sear each bite on all sides.
- Transfer seared pieces to broiler pan and place in 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve filet bites with Bearnaise sauce.
Check out these other Recipes:
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
- Sirloin Gyros Recipe
- Creamy Farfalle Carbonara Recipe
- Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- BLT Chop Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
- Inside Out Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
- Round-Up of Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Recipes
WHAT’S TRENDING: Check out our Pinterest Content including Summer Ideas – Hacks, Recipes, Crafts and More on Frugal Coupon Living.
Also try Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!
Find this and updated daily deals, recipes, crafts, and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and other in your inbox.