DIY Friendship Kit Tutorial – Bracelet, Box & Clipboard
Remember making friendship bracelets? We used to always pin the ends to our jeans and lug around bags of different color threads. This kit will keep everything in one place and no more safety pins! Personalize the clipboard with fabulous papers that match your personality. Give these as a gift and use different papers to match their favorite color and add a monogram. There are so many ways you can embellish the clipboard! When you’re done, just clip the end of the bracelet to the clipboard and begin creating!
- Thread Organizer Box
- Mod Podge
- E6000 Glue
- Acrylic Paint (Chalk Paint would also be fun!)
- Paint Brush
- Scrapbook Paper
- First you will need to remove any price tags and paint the back of your clipboard.
- While you are painting you will want to pay special attention to painting the edges of your clipboard.
- While the paint is drying, begin working on the thread organizer. Select the scrapbook paper that you would like to use to cover the organizer. Measure and cut strips to fit the outside rim of the thread organizer.
- Adhere the scrapbook paper on to the organizer using Mod Podge.
- You will need one piece of scrapbook paper to cover the top of the organizer. Once the paper is secured and dry, use the E6000 glue (you can use hot glue, but this glue is very strong and will make sure that it does not separate.) to glue the bottom of the thread organizer to the back of the clipboard.
- Next we will cover the front of the clipboard with scrapbook paper. I have found the easiest way to do this is to cut a small piece of paper (about 4 inches long and 3 inches wide) and start with the top around the clip. Position the paper and press hard and the edges of the clipboard will leave an indentation. This lets you know where to cut.
- Once you have one corner cut, use it as a stencil to create the other side. If you plan on ever covering any more clipboards, I highly recommend making an extra ‘template’ to keep on hand.
- Paint around the edges of the front of the clipboard. While the paint is still wet you can open the clip and slide a piece of scrapbook paper as high as it will go. The paint will again, outline the areas letting you know where to cut. Cut your main piece of paper and use Mod Podge to adhere to the front.
- Then add the two top areas with Mod Podge around the clip. While it is drying I put a pair of scissors to keep the clip open so the final pieces wouldn’t accidentally move.
- Finish with a strip of paper to cover up any seams.
- Fill your box with threads, a mini pair of scissors or include a book on friendship bracelet designs to go with your gift! We found some really fun threads including tye-dye and neons that my girls thought were really fun.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on July 6, 2021 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living