Gameday Coffee-Cocoa Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Another sweet treat for your Superbowl spread – delicious, traditional Rice Krispie treats with a definite grown up twist. Go ahead and make a plain batch for the kid’s and non-coffee lovers… The rest of us will love the unique flavor that the combination of coffee and cocoa create. Make them as small or as large as you like to serve, I usually make a range of sizes for little hands as well as big. If any make it to the end of your party you can wrap in foil and send one home with your guests. They would also make a great party favor if you didn’t want to put them out. You could press them into a pan or form a different shape for other parties-showers, birthdays, or potlucks.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1-10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups cocoa flavored rice cereal
- 1 ½ tsp. Coffee extract
- Melt butter in a large pan over low heat, add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in coffee extract.
- Immediately mix in rice cereal until thoroughly coated.
- Pour mixture onto a piece of waxed paper and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Butter your hands well.
- Scoop up a handful of krispie mixture to your desired size.
- Form an oval first, squeezing to compact into the shape and to bind krispies together well.
- Pinch the ends, forming into football shape.
- You can purchase white writing icing in a tube or place white frosting or even melted white chocolate in a baggie, snip off small corner and use it to create the white laces on your football.
Football Turf Tip: Shake a few drops of green food coloring and shredded coconut in a plastic Ziploc bag. Shake to make green grass or turf and lay your Krispies on top.
Don’t forget these other Football Gameday Appetizers:
- Filet Mignon Bites with Bernaise Sauce – Pin it to Pinterest
- Kickin’ Queso Dip RecipeKickin’ Queso Dip Recipe – Pin it to Pinterest
- Tater Skins Recipe – Pin it to Pinterest
- Whiskey & BBQ Meatballs Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Sweet N’ Sassy Buffalo Wings Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Fifty Yard Line Guacamole Dip Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Brownie Footballs Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Take your kids on a BACK TO SCHOOL SCAVENGER HUNT for their school supplies.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.