Candy Dot Tutorial and Recipe
Candy Dots were a huge party of my childhood. My brother and I would sell lemonade on the golf course on Saturdays and then run to the corner store to use our quarters to buy these delicious candies. Being able to share these tiny candies with my children provides me a way to reminise and pass down this childhood favorite. Use this FREE Candy Dot Template and have fun making these timeless treats with your little ones.
- 1 Pasteurized Egg White or 1 tbsp Meringue Powder
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Food Coloring
- FREE Candy Dot Template (see below)
- If you are using meringue powder, use 1 tbsp meringue powder and 3 tbsp water in plave of egg white.
- Whisk egg white until frothy.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until incorporated and peaks form.
- Add vanilla flavoring if desired.
- Divide equally into as many bowls as you want to color.
- Add one drop of color at a time to each bowl to achieve desire color.
- Beat until color is uniform.
- Transfer each color to a zippered sandwich bag.
- Print dot paper template and place under each paper you will be piping onto as you do it.
- Clip a very small tip off of one corner of each bag and pipe dots onto unprinted sheets.
- Allow to set for 2 hours before cutting strips apart.
FREE Dot Paper Template
Get this printable and all of Frugal Coupon Living’s Free Printables. Enter your name and email address and we will send you a link and password for access to your free downloads.
Find these other Easter Crafts and Spring Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living.
- Easter Carrots Rice Krispie Treats – Pin to Pinterest
- Easter Neon Deviled Eggs – Pin to Pinterest
- Easter Twine Eggs – Pin to Pinterest
- Toilet Paper Easter Bunny Craft – Pin to Pinterest
- Easter Chick Deviled Eggs – Pin to Pinterest
- Peeps S’mores – Pin to Pinterest
- Easter Bunny Sweet Sixteen Donuts – Pin to Pinterest
- Jelly Bean Bark – Pin to Pinterest
- Easter Chick Sugar Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Easter Egg Cake Bites – Pin to Pinterest
- Homemade Reese’s Egg Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
- Peeps Easter Vase and Centerpiece – Pin to Pinterest
- Easter Bunny Bread Recipe and Tutorial – Pin to Pinterest
- Rainbow JELL-O Ribbon Squares – Pin to Pinterest
- Easy 3-Ingredient Funfetti Dip – Pin to Pinterest
- Homemade Nutella Pop-Tarts – Pin to Pinterest
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Pin to Pinterest
- Copycat Girl Scouts Thin Mints – Pin to Pinterest
- Copycat Girl Scouts Tagalongs – Pin to Pinterest
- Copycat Girl Scouts Samoa Recipe – Pin to Pinterest
WHAT’S TRENDING? Be germ free! This fun gift tag + hand soap creates this cute TEACHER GIFT IDEA FOR THANKSGIVING.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.