Looking for an adventure on your camping trip? Print out this camping scavenger hunt printable set for a fun activity for families with kids of all ages!
For those of you who enjoy a little bit of adventure on your camping trips, we have the perfect game for you: Camping Scavenger Hunt! This activity will help break up the monotony of a campout and give everyone something to do.
We’ve included some printables that can be used as clues in our scavenger hunt, as well as some riddles that may stump you along the way – but they’re all great fun. The best part is that this game can be adjusted to suit any age group or skill level, so it’s perfect for families with children of varying ages!
How to plan a camping scavenger hunt
Before the camping trip
- Download and print out the camping scavenger hunt printables on cardstock.
- Look over the clue cards and decide which ones work best for your group or family. Don’t forget to consider your location and what’s available where you’ll be camping.
- Plan which order you want the treasure hunt riddles to be in according to your campsite, then add the number to the back of the clues.
- On the clues and answers page, make a mark through any clues you don’t end up using so there’s no confusion later.
- Print out however many “do not touch” labels you need on computer paper or adhesive label paper.
- Attach the labels to the flat side of envelopes, setting clue one aside.
When you arrive at the campsite
Once you get to the campsite, double check your riddles and locations so setting up the game is quick and easy. You’ll want to take something like thin nails and a small hammer or even thumbtacks and tape that won’t leave residue to attach the clues to various surfaces.
It’s important to remove the tape, nails or tacks after the game is over so you can leave nature the way you found it.
Camping scavenger hunt rules
Read the first clue off and encourage the group to solve the scavenger hunt riddles together.
Once the riddle is solved, the group should head to the location(s) they think the clues are pointing to. When the group finds a clue, read it aloud, work to solve it together, then move on to solving the next one until they are done and the last envelope is found.
When you’re done hunting for treasures, take down any cards you haven’t used (or that weren’t found) so other campers don’t find them by accident and spend too much time trying to figure out what they are.
More fun camping activities
If you need more activities after your group completes the scavenger hunt, there are plenty of other activities for your next camping trip!
- Sing campfire songs: Make up silly lyrics to some old favorites
- Make s’mores: I mean, if you don’t make s’mores on a camping trip, did you really even camp?
- Night Hide and Seek: When the sun goes down and the night sky appears, play Flashlight Tag
- Photos: Take photos of your group on each day and post them on social media using #campingselfie. You may want to take pictures during the adventure as well that can be used later for scrapbooking adventures together – what’s more fun than looking back at how much fun you had when it was over?
- Camping Journal: Make a camping journal for the kids on the trip to keep fun notes in, draw things they see, and write about their favorite moments.
Camping Themed Scavenger Hunt Printable
Download our outdoor scavenger hunt riddles for kids. This Camping Treasure hunt includes 20 camping riddles to go on an adventure when camping outdoors. Easy to read scavenger hunt clues will lead the kids all around the camp.
In our camping games kit, we included a “stop, please do not touch this clue” note to keep your clues safe if doing this treasure hunt in a public campsite.
What you get with purchase:
- 20 Camping Themed Scavenger Hunt Riddles for Kids PDF Instant Download
- Camping Scavenger Hunt Riddles Answer Key
- “Stop! Please don’t touch this clue” notes for public scavenger hunts outdoors
I hope you enjoyed these fun ideas and planning your group’s camping scavenger hunt. We have more camping games and printables you can use to make more fun memories while you’re enjoying nature
Free Camping Printables
Not ready to buy? Download our free camping printable too including camping packing list, camping journal and flashlight tag game for camping. Like what you have, buy later!
Subscribe and look for a link and password in your inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
1.) Enter your email address HERE.
2.) Confirm the email request in your inbox.
3.) Look for the link and passcode in your inbox.
By downloading you are accepting the terms that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
I am happy to share printables. When sharing with others, please lead them to my website instead of emailing them the file(s).Thanks for visiting and thanks for sharing with others!
How to Print from Staples
Our Pinterest community and I would love to see how this worked out for you. Share your camping scavenger hunt ideas Leave a comment on Pinterest!
More Camping Ideas
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on October 19, 2021 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living