Take your regular lemonade stand game to the next level this summer! Learn How to Build a Lemonade Stand with a Recycled Pallet. Easy step by step directions to make your own DIY lemonade stand the best on the block!
How to Build a Lemonade Stand with a Recycled Pallet
Are you raising little entrepreneurs? Setting up a lemonade stand in the neighborhood is one of my favorite summer traditions. The kids always get so excited to earn some money and make their lemonade. And of course, I never get tired of having a refreshing glass of lemonade on a hot summer day!
We upcycled a wooden pallet to make a DIY Lemonade Stand. I have seen these stands for a few years now and I have always wanted one. I never knew how easy it was to make your own! My friend made one too, and she omitted the words “Lemonade Stand” to let it serve multiple uses. She’s used hers to sell girl scout cookies and even let it serve as a concession booth for her annual backyard movie theater. Seriously, it is so versatile and great for so many different things! In light of that, we used a little flag to say “Lemonade Stand” rather than write it on the stand itself. You can do it our way or commit to the lemonade stand by painting it on — it’s up to you!
How much does it cost to make your own kids’ lemonade stand?
The best part about this DIY lemonade stand is that it only cost me $1.00 to make! I bought the pallet from a local hardware store and sourced the other materials from leftover scrap wood and paint from other projects! If you don’t have paint, consider getting the sample sizes from your local hardware store.
- Circular Saw
- Tape Measure
- 1/2 inch thick board (plywood or any scrap wood) for top
- 2 – 4 inch wide by 33 inches long boards for bottom braces
- 2 – 2 inch wide by 44 inches long boards for side braces
- 1 – 2×4 length of pallet
- Sandpaper and or power sander
- Paint and Brush
Measurement Note: These measurements can be changed and will be different if you make your stand a different height. Feel free to customize how it suits you or your child.
- Pound in any nail heads that are sticking out. This is easier than puling them out.
- Turn the pallet so the slats are vertical.
- Start by deciding how high you want your stand to be. I made this one to be 30 inches high.
- Draw a line across the top of the pallet at your height and cut off the top of the pallet.
- Measure how long your pallet is, and cut your 2×4 that same length.
- Pound in the 2×4 with a hammer where there is a gap in the pallet where you just cut until it is flush.
- Place some screws in the 2×4 from the front and back of the pallet to reinforce the 2×4 and make sure it doesn’t shift.
- Cut your 1/2 inch board or plywood to the size you want your top to be. Mine measured 53 inches by 12 inches. I actually used some scrap wood and pieced two together to make my top.
- Make sure the table top is placed further towards the back of the pallet, as you don’t want it to tip.
- Turn the stand upside down and screw in your bottom braces to the bottom of the pallet on each side.
- Double check the length of the side braces, and make some 45 degree marks on the ends of the side braces so they are flush with the top and bottom braces.
- Screw the side braces in to the 2×4 on top and the bottom brace for the bottom.
- Flip back over and sand away. (I recommend a power sander as this will go much faster. You will still need good old sandpaper to get the hard to reach places too.)
- Once it’s smooth, your ready to paint! Enjoy!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Enjoy these fun holiday games. DOWNLOAD 16 HALLOWEEN MINUTE TO WIN IT GAMES FOR ADULTS, KIDS & YOUTH . The printable Halloween games set includes party games instructions and a supply list.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.