BLT Avocado Chop Salad Recipe with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Pin to Pinterest
This is a delicious and healthy meal that you can build to customize to your taste. Served with an Greek yogurt homemade ranch dressing- you will never buy it at the store again! If I include my kids in the preparation process they will usually eat anything, salad is no exception. Crumbling bacon in a baggie, or tossing everything together are great jobs for little hands.
BLT Avocado Chop Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or 1 bagged salad
- 1 avocado
- 6-8 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 Large tomato
- 3 oz. Mozzarella (consider low fat for a healthier alternative, I raided the kids fridge snacks and diced up 3 mozzarella cheese sticks into our salad)
Other ingredients that are great to include in chopped salad: scallions, diced bell pepper, corn, black beans, crushed tortilla chips, homemade croutons, diced olives, diced boiled eggs or just about anything else you can think of.
- Peel, and dice avocado
- Chop crisp bacon pieces
- Dice tomato
- Chop lettuce into small, uniform pieces
- Dice any other ingredients you want to add
- Toss all items together in a large bowl
- Serve with homemade ranch dressing
Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Ingredients List:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 ½ tsp. vinegar
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, or container for storing. Allow to sit in refrigerator to “marry” ingredients for at least 30 minutes.
Follow all Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living as well as FCLAsh on Pinterest.
See the ENTIRE Menu Plan this week:
- Weekend Shopping List and Food Prep
- BLT Chop Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
- Inside Out Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on January 10, 2014 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living
Leave a Reply