The adoption process is exhausting. Celebrate the end of a long journey with these Adoption Party Ideas. From adoption celebration themed showers, adoption photo ideas, quotes and more. Be apart of the happy ending.
Adoption Party Ideas
Fostering? Adopting? Celebrating a new child? These Adoption party Ideas, themed celebrations, books and photo ideas will help make your “Gotcha Day” extra special and memorable.
What is Gotcha Day?
“Gotcha day” is the term used for a date of adoption when a person joins a family. Adoptive families can celebrate the day of an adoption or celebrate yearly on an anniversary date.
Before beginning the process of planning an adoption shower or party, it’s best to talk to the adoptive parents about their feelings and terms or phrases they might find offensive. For example, consider the trending adoption term called “Gotcha Day.”
Adoption is not like a puppy being picked up from a pound. There are many family members and feelings involved. Many branches of the family tree that are affected. See how this family Celebrations Adoption Day and replaces the term Gotcha Day with Finalization Day. Alternative names include homecoming day, family day or, of course, adoption day.
Adoption Quote Printable
First we wanted to share with you our free printable Gotcha Day quote. Print this Adoption Printable PDF and add to an 8×10 frame. You could also transform this printable into a canvas (follow the directions found on this post.)
Download our free Adoption printable quote. Subscribe and look for a link and password in your inbox. The password allows you to access and download all of our free printables.
By downloading you are accepting the terms that this is for personal, non-commercial use. Please contact Frugal Coupon Living with any questions.
Adoption Celebration Party Ideas
There are times when the adoption comes from a fostering situation. Tell the story of all those involved in a legal adoption using letter boards. We love Milllie Holloman’s Adoption Story about her daughter Wren (read more here.)
A similar judge adoption photo included the adoption quote – “Today I closed his case.” Adoption letter board idea from Hello Sparrows.
This adoption quote is prefect for a fostering family “I’ve Shared Their Love and Home and Today I Will Share Their Last Name.” Grab this adoption gift on Etsy.
Mark an important occasion like the homecoming date or happy gotcha day with the planting of a tree in the backyard or near one’s home.
Grey Grey Designs created a They found their Missing Puzzle Piece Adoption Party Theme. This adoption party decor is quiet easy cutting up a card board box or using an upcycled puzzle. Simply spray paint the puzzle pieces to match the party shower theme colors.
Keep the missing piece puzzle adoption theme going by having guests write advice on little puzzle pieces for the family! Perfect for parenting advice, newborn tips or perhaps adoption advice from parents who have walked this journey before them. | Source (Similar item on Amazon)
Use your puzzle pieces to create this playful Adoption photo idea – Waiting for our missing piece. (Source)
You are Worth the wait theme adoption party! You have to take a look at this Adoption Party Theme Idea from The First Year Blog including slow animals like sloths, inchworms, turtles and snails!
Celebrate gotcha day by turning our fishing cupcakes into adoption cupcakes with an officially ours party idea. Use the pun Oh-FISH-ally ours! You can see more on an Officially Ours Adoption Party Here.
Julie is a long time friend of mine so I was very happy to run into her themed adoption celebration party. Are you adopting from a foreign country. Throw a international themed party like in this case, Happy Home Fairy threw a Russian Doll Baby Shower for an adopted child from Russia.
Similarly, look at this Chinse Adoption Party from Lydia Menzies.
For international adoptions, you could also decorate with cute little paper airplanes on sticks or string like Jess McClenahan.
Using the globe, turn the Adoption Shower into an Adoption Photo Shoot like Kori and Jared Blog. A globe can turn into the symbolism of a baby in the belly. Add a heart to remind everyone this child has grown in one’s heart.
Have a fostering situation or adoption that was Mint to Be? The color mint completes this adoption celebration theme from Our Kerrazy Adventure.
Hire a photographer (or do it yourself) for the family and do a cute Forever Adoption Photo Shoot like Life in a Flash.
Speaking of adoption photo ideas, praying over paper work? Lay your hands on legal papers and grab a photo. Remind your family of all the prayers offered up and the prayers answered like Be the Change in Ethiopia.
Bible Verses About Adoption
Julie at Happy Home Fairy put adoption quotes and scripture around the house speaking of the truths of the love of a new child.
If you wish to do the same, find more Bible Verses on Adoption.
- Ephesians 1:5 “He predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will.”
- Matthew 18:5 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me.”
- Isaiah 40:31 “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
- Romans 9:8 ” This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.”
- 1 John 3:1-2 “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears[a] we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.”
- Psalm 27:10 “For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the Lord will take me in.”
- John 14:18 “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”
- James 1:27 “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.”
- 1 Samuel 1:27 “For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.”
- James 1:17 “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
- Deuteronomy 10:18 “He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing.”
If hosting a shower, consider hosting a Bring a Book Baby Shower. This is an excellent time to gift Books about Adoption and other beloved children’s books.
Books About Adoption
- God Found Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Some Babies Are Adopted by Cindy Walker
- Yes, I’m Adopted! by Sharlie Zinniger
- I Love You Since Forever by Hoda Kotb
- And That’s Why She’s My Mother by Tiarra Nazario
- We Belong Together by Todd Parr
- Happy Adoption Day John McCutcheon
- I Wished for You by Marianne Richmond
Related Blog Posts
Maybe you know the Gender, maybe not. Take a look at some of these Gender Reveal Party Ideas you can incorporate in an Adoption Party. Pin to Pinterest.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get ready for Teacher Appreciation Week with these ideas and downloads!.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.