Filet Mignon Bites with Bernaise Sauce Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Delicious appetizer to share with friends, or a yummy finger-food entree to share with the family (serve dinner with a toothpick!) Good Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon and add with a delicious Bernaise Sauce Recipe – mixed butter, egg,white wine vinegar and flavored with herbs.
- 1/2 Onion finely diced
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 tsp Tarragon
- 1 tsp Chervil
- 3 tbsp White Wine
- 3 lb Beef Tenderloin
- 1 lb Bacon
- Finely chop the onion so that the taste doesn’t overpower the sauce.
- Cook the chopped onion for 1 minute in the microwave to soften.
- Place the egg yolks in a saucepan and add lemon juice. Stir until the mixture is blended.
- Add the first stick of butter sliced into pats and cook over very low heat stirring constantly until melted.
- Add the second stick in the same fashion continuing to stir constantly.
- This process will take awhile because we want the egg butter mixture to cook together.
- If the heat is too high or you don’t stir enough, the eggs will begin to cook on their own and the sauce will “break”. You’ll know if/when this happens because you’ll see lumps or curdles forming in your sauce.
- Slowly your sauce will begin to thicken and reach the point where it begins to look like a thin pudding. You’ll see the line the spoon left after you drag it across the bottom.
- Take the sauce off the heat, add the onions, tarragon and chervil. Mix well.
- Add the wine (if you don’t have wine, you can substitute 2 tsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp water) and blend well.
- Cut the tenderloin into 1″ cubes.
- Take the bacon slices and cut each piece in thirds.
- Wrap each filet bite in a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat a heavy skillet on high and sear each bite on all sides.
- Transfer seared pieces to broiler pan and place in 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve filet bites with Bearnaise sauce.
Check out these other Recipes:
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
- Sirloin Gyros Recipe
- Creamy Farfalle Carbonara Recipe
- Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- BLT Chop Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
- Inside Out Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
- Round-Up of Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Recipes
FREEBIE ALERT: Grab a FREE Amazon Prime Trial which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!