Sirloin Gyros Recipe
Pin to Pinterest
A delicious Greek classic, with an update. Not only is lamb hard to find in your local grocery store, but it can be a bit pricey. If you love the flavors of Gyro but want an alternative, thin cut sirloin is a great substitute.
- 1 1/2 pound thin cut sirloin steak
- 1 small onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps.oregano
- 2 tsps. lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pack pita bread
- Cut Sirloin Steak slightly into thin strips, going against the meat grain.
- Dice onion, dice tomato, finely chop cucumber, crush garlic. Stir ingredients together.
- In a gallon ziplock bag mix marinade: ½ cup greek yogurt, lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, 1 Tbsp. oregano, salt and pepper, and steaks strips well, seal bag leave to marinate overnight.
- In a air tight container mix Tzatziki sauce: 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp. oregano, 2 Tbsp. garlic, salt and pepper.
- In another small bag or bowl store your tomatoes and onions. I recommend eating this no longer than the day after you prep it. The day of will prove to be more fresh.
- To cook: sauté sirloin and sauce marinade in a large saucepan over medium high heat to desired done-ness.
- Assemble sirloin steak, tomatoes, and onions in pita bread, top with Tzatziki sauce and enjoy!
Serve with chips, fries, or a yummy Greek potato salad.
Follow all Recipes on Frugal Coupon Living as well as FCLAsh on Pinterest.
See the ENTIRE Menu Plan this week:
- Weekend Shopping List and Food Prep
- Creamy Farfalle Carbonara Recipe
- Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
WHAT’S TRENDING? Enjoy these fun holiday games. DOWNLOAD 16 HALLOWEEN MINUTE TO WIN IT GAMES FOR ADULTS, KIDS & YOUTH . The printable Halloween games set includes party games instructions and a supply list.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.
Last Updated on April 3, 2014 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living