No Sew T-Shirt Blanket Tutorial
(Scroll over top right of Image to Pin to Pinterest)
This No Sew T-Shirt Quilt is a GREAT way to re-purpose old t-shirts that you don’t wear anymore but you still like.Many of us have too many T-Shirts and they are found overflowing in a drawer. These are great to pull together as a theme (for examples baseball shirts over a few seasons or civic club shirts from Freshman to Senior Year) By turning them into a memory blanket it’s a great way to hold on to those momentous that you just won’t put to use anymore! This particular blanket was made using old baseball t-shirts. If you also are a horrible sewer, this project is perfect for you as it requires no needed and thread and is VERY easy to do!
Money Spent: roughly $4
Time Spent: a few hours
- T-Shirts. In this example, I used 6 t-shirts (this made 12 squares using the front and the back of the shirt)*
- Fleece to fit the square foot of your shirts laid into a square pattern.
- Clean and Wash your t-shirts.
- Measure your shirts into a square. You can decide on the width and height but make sure all squares are big enough to fit the largest logo and are all the same size.
- Once cut, lay all out your shirts and measure the size so that you know how much fleece or fabric you need for the back and cut that to size.
- Cut the ends of your t-shirts into 1 inch slits around the perimeter.
- Double not your t-shirts together into your square pattern. DO NOT DO the outer perimeter of your 12 shirts (you will tie this to the fleece backing at the end.)
- Once all the inner edges of the t-shirts are tied, take your backing to the t-shirt square. Double knot all outter edgest of t-shirt square and fleece square together.
- Voila! There you have it, a easy but time consuming no sew blanket! Keep it for yourself, or give it as a gift! I hope you enjoy this!
*You can use as many or as few t-Shirts as you would like! I found that only having 12 squares does NOT make a very big blanket.
WATCH IT! Lost on the No Sew T-Shirt Blanket Tutorial direction? Make a similar Fleece blanket with a YouTube No Sew Fleece Blanket Tutorial by Frugal Coupon Living. This will walk you through the steps.
Also, check out the…
- Rainy Day Activities for Kids
- Six Awesome Ways to do Water Play with Kids
- Easy to Make Colored Pasta and Do It Yourself Toddler Activities.
Be sure to Pin to Pinterest and to find more Pinterest Ideas on Frugal Coupon Living.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Outdoor, Water, Back to School, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next birthday party.
Last Updated on October 14, 2013 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living