Peppermint White Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Ready for the holiday season, looking for something fun and frugal to gift your friends and family. Pay attention to the Series 4 Days of 4 Popcorn Recipes!
Don’t forget our favorite Pumpkin Spiced Popcorn Balls with FREE printable Gift Tag.
This yummy popcorn is a fantastic winter treat! Perfect with hot cocoa for a snack while driving around looking at lights, in your pj’s watching Christmas movies, or while decorating the Christmas tree. It would be fabulous packaged up to pass out to carolers, teachers, friends, family, kids, or as a thoughtful homemade gift for your mailman or stylist. If peppermint puts you in the mood for Christmas this combo will put it over the top! Vary the ingredients to create a combo that you and your family will love, use dark or milk chocolate instead of or in addition to white chocolate for a really decadent treat.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 10 oz. White chocolate
- 1 tsp. Peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup crushed peppermints or candy canes
- 1 tsp. Coconut or canola oil
- Crush candy canes. You can chop by hand but you will get better, and more consistent results from a small chopper or food processor.
- Pop your popcorn via your preferred method; stove top, air popped or microwave.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in microwave, stirring frequently to make it smooth, stir in oil to create a very soft and smooth consistency. Add peppermint extract.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl, drizzled melted chocolate all over popcorn and toss with 2 large spoons to coat well. Toss in crushed peppermint before chocolate sets.
- Spread popcorn out on a cookie sheet lined with foil and allow chocolate to set. If your impatient (like me) you can put it in the fridge to set quicker.
- When serving popcorn you can sprinkle a bit more crushed peppermint on top for added crunch, flavor, and decoration.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, Christmas, Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on November 28, 2013 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living