Marshmallow Rice Krispie Treat Snowmen Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Looking for fun craft for the kids this Holiday or Christmas Season? Be sure to PIN this fun Winter Snowmen Activity for the kiddos. It is great food craft for the children and their friends – perhaps something you want to add to a Ginger Bread House or use for a School Party. They would be great company for these Gingerbread Men!
Marshmallow Treat Snowman – Yields about 6 snowmen
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 6 additional Marshmallows
- 6 Oreo Fudge Creme Cookies
- 12 Pretzel sticks
- 3 Airheads candies
- 1 Orange Starburst
- 1/4 cup Black Candy Melting Chips
- Cut Orange Starburst Chews into thirds. Then cut each of these diagonally and roll with fingers to form carrot noses.
- Cut Airheads in half lengthwise to pre-make make scarves.
- Place parchment paper in a cookie sheet to hold molded treats.
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Butter a your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture into six 2 1/2″ balls (bodies).
- Stick a pretzel stick in each side to make arms.
- Butter a your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture into six 1 1/2″ balls (heads).
- Stick your Starburst “carrot” nose in center of each head.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set.
- Heat Black Candy Chips in small Bowl by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Lay OREOs on parchment paper flat side down.
- Push toothpicks into 6 marshmallows to allow for dipping.
- Dip Marshmallow in melted dark candy and roll to coat completely. Shake off excess.
- Carefully set each dipped marshmallow in center of each OREO.
- Lay on wax paper and place in refrigerator to set.
- Use a toothpick dipped in melted candy to “paint” dots for coal eyes and mouth.
- Fold the pre-made Airhead scarf around top of each body and then press head on top of that to form snowman.
- Get Hats from refrigerator and carefully remove toothpicks.
- Put a small amount of melted candy on bottom of hat to act as glue and place on each snowman.
- Allow to set.
Happy eating and displaying! Enjoy.
Like the Rice Krispie Snowmen Recipe? Check out these others:
- Peppermint Snowmen Pops
- Snowmen Milk Bottles
- Chocolate Covered Cherries Cordial Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Santa Hat Cupcakes
- Gluten FREE Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Popcorn balls with FREE Label
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup Recipe – Just like Starbucks
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Frappuccino Recipe
- Copy-Cat Starbucks Recipes
- Copy-Cat Restaurant Recipes
- Round-Up of Copy Cat Cracker Barrel Recipes
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get inspired these with Back to School Ideas.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.