Hot Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
(Pin to Pinterest)
Ready for the holiday season, looking for something fun and frugal to gift your friends and family. Pay attention to the Series 4 Days of 4 Popcorn Recipes!
Don’t forget our favorite Pumpkin Spiced Popcorn Balls with FREE printable Gift Tag.
Wait…What? Together? Yummy, salty popcorn, chocolate? AND marshmallows? Yes please. What a yummy way to celebrate the holidays! This would be and amazing snack after a hard day of shopping. Or while decking the halls, the tree, etc. I think if the Elf on The Shelf left a bag of this after a visit he would definitely gain some popularity and maybe even some good behavior? If the kiddos need a treat to bring in for the class Christmas party this would be darling in little gift bags, or maybe in a mug for teacher?
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 hot cocoa packets
- 10 oz. White chocolate chips, melting disks, or almond bark
- milk or dark chocolate
- Pop your popcorn anyway you like; on the stove, in an air popper or in your microwave. Place in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in your microwave, stirring frequently to make sure chocolate is smooth and free of lumps.
- Drizzle all over popcorn, stirring with a large wooden spoon to coat well.
- Sprinkle cocoa all over popcorn, stirring to coat again.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Spread popcorn out on a cookie sheet to allow chocolate to set up.
- If desired drizzle additional white or dark chocolate over the top of popcorn.
- Store in an airtight container.
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on November 28, 2013 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living