Easy and Frugal Valentine Burlap Wreath Tutorial
I made this wreath last year for Valentine’s Day and I love it! It was so easy and very cheap. I got all of my materials at Hobby Lobby in two separate trips so I was able to use two 40% off coupons.
- 1 or 2 wire hangars (I used two and wired them together) – FREE
- 2-3 yards of Red Burlap – $5.98 (use 40% off coupon)
- Letters ‘X’ and ‘O’ in Chipboard – $2.49 each. I used a coupon for one so paid $3.49 total.
- Two sheets of scrapbook paper – $.59 total (on sale for 50% off)
- Ribbon – already had on hand
- Mod Podge – already had on hand
- X-ACTO Knife – already had on hand
- Stretch your hangar into a circle or unhook it to put two hangars together. I just overlapped mine to the desired size.
- Lay the fabric out flat and measure 5″ widths and cut.
- Begin putting the fabric on the hangar going back and forth until the whole strip is on. Repeat until the hangar is full.
- Twist the hanger back together to close. I had to get more fabric later because all they had was 1 1/2 yds! You will want it to be much fuller than this!
- To make the letters, lay the scrapbook paper face down and glue the letters on using the Mod Podge.
- Once dry, trim the paper around the letters with an X-ACTO knife, then Mod Podge the surface to seal and provide a shine.
- Glue the letters together with hot glue and then glue the ribbon onto the back.
- Loop over the top of the hangar and add a bow to cover. Ta-da!
Try it and let me know how it turns out! I plan to make one for Easter too!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Looking for a few engaging activities? Grab Themed Minute to Win it Games – Traditional, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter & more! Use these fun activities in the office, classroom, or at your next party.
Last Updated on December 14, 2018 by Ashley at Frugal Coupon Living