Easy and Frugal Valentine Burlap Wreath Tutorial
I made this wreath last year for Valentine’s Day and I love it! It was so easy and very cheap. I got all of my materials at Hobby Lobby in two separate trips so I was able to use two 40% off coupons.
- 1 or 2 wire hangars (I used two and wired them together) – FREE
- 2-3 yards of Red Burlap – $5.98 (use 40% off coupon)
- Letters ‘X’ and ‘O’ in Chipboard – $2.49 each. I used a coupon for one so paid $3.49 total.
- Two sheets of scrapbook paper – $.59 total (on sale for 50% off)
- Ribbon – already had on hand
- Mod Podge – already had on hand
- X-ACTO Knife – already had on hand
- Stretch your hangar into a circle or unhook it to put two hangars together. I just overlapped mine to the desired size.
- Lay the fabric out flat and measure 5″ widths and cut.
- Begin putting the fabric on the hangar going back and forth until the whole strip is on. Repeat until the hangar is full.
- Twist the hanger back together to close. I had to get more fabric later because all they had was 1 1/2 yds! You will want it to be much fuller than this!
- To make the letters, lay the scrapbook paper face down and glue the letters on using the Mod Podge.
- Once dry, trim the paper around the letters with an X-ACTO knife, then Mod Podge the surface to seal and provide a shine.
- Glue the letters together with hot glue and then glue the ribbon onto the back.
- Loop over the top of the hangar and add a bow to cover. Ta-da!
Try it and let me know how it turns out! I plan to make one for Easter too!
WHAT’S TRENDING? Get Organized for a New Year!.
Also access our Free Frugal Coupon Living Printables to help you find joy through embracing the chaos of motherhood more easily!
Stay in the know with daily deals, recipes, crafts, life hacks and seasonal content on Frugal Coupon Living. Receive this and more in your inbox.